Prince Andrew loses military titles and use of HRH

The Duke of York’s military titles and royal patronages have been returned to the Queen, Buckingham Palace has announced.

Prince Andrew will also stop using the style His Royal Highness in an official capacity, a royal source added.

The duke’s roles will be distributed among members of the Royal Family.

It comes as he faces a civil case in the US over claims he sexually assaulted a woman when she was 17, which he has consistently denied.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Ouch!

I’ll bet that hurts … :103:

3 Likes

The Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to the Queen, Buckingham Palace has announced.

Prince Andrew faces a sex abuse case in a US court after a US judge dismissed his lawyer’s bid to throw out case. He denies the allegations.

Also it was claimed the Duke of York will no longer use the style “His Royal Highness” in any official capacity, a royal source has said.

The Palace said in a statement: “With the Queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

“The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”

Ms Giuffre is seeking unspecified damages as she sues the Queen’s son for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was 17 in a civil case brought against the royal in the US. He denies the allegations.

Presumably, the proverbial s**t will hit the court’s fan … :poop:

Will anyone notice or care ?

1 Like

Doubt it, but I think he might.

1 Like

Three of us here so far … :wink:

Hi

Boris will take full advantage of this to take the heat off himself, like the Chinese Spy.

Now Andrew is just plain MR he will no longer be protected and things will leak out.

The Wall of Silence is no longer around him.

3 Likes

@Omah , He actually looked quite relieved today on telly Omah ?
I’ve never seen him smile before !
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Yes … he’s become a right grumpy old man … :unamused:

Being from America and growing up watching Great Britain through media and newspaper. I have seen the question com up “Do we really need the Royals?”
I for one have always been in awe of the admiration and adoration that goes on in the world for the Royals. England is one of 44 Monarchies in the world. One of the only Monarchies were the Royals are figure heads for the commonwealth.
I mention this because I have heard nothing of those other Monarchies (at least not much)but, the world continues to be fascinated by England’s Royalty.
I for one am not surprised at the whole Prince Andrew scandal. I don’t think it gives Britain a black eye either. His action reflect on his character and his character alone. When Bill Clinton got his jollies it was in the White House, at least this didn’t take place at Buckingham Palace. MHO

@Danny , Lt could be said that Andrew is as m
uch a victim of
Epstein as what’s her name , the photos lve seen of her hanging
onto Andrews arm in one of the London clubs it is obvious that
she was never ‘trafficked’ as she claims ?
More likely that her mother was promoting her to the highest
bidder? ( Epstein)
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh there’s no doubt amongst thinking individuals that this is about nothing but money. It’s a circus that will end in the freaks being paid. IMHO

2 Likes

Bang on the nail @Danny. She’s nothing but a high class hooker, and now her main source of income has been cut off, she’s using that time-honoured trick of crying rape. I have no respect whatsoever for Mr Windsor, but I have even less respect for Ms Giuffre.

8 Likes

What irritates me more than anything is Human Trafficking is a real issue. Girls/Boys prepubescent being shipped in shipping containers or in the hold of a ship. All being told if they don’t cooperate their families will be killed or they will. They are treated as dirt and often turned into drug addicts to make them more compliant.
These girls were flown in private jets. I don’t recall them being tied up or restrained in any way. And they seem to be having a pretty good time of it in the pictures. To call this Human Trafficking is a farce and diminishes the horrors involved in the real thing. IMHO

8 Likes

Unfortunately, he has only got himself to blame, let’s hope if he does as the FBI have asked him to do, if he’s innocent, then why shouldn’t he be able to clear his name?..

Good - serves him right - he was not some naive boy but a ‘man of the world’ who knew exactly what he was doing. He should face the consquences of his actions the same as everyone else.

4 Likes

So true, so sickeningly true.

6 Likes

could be he’s sweating now??

4 Likes

@ @SilverTabby , Exactly how old was he at the time Tabby?
In the photos he doesn’t look very old to me , the trouble is
we relate the events to the individual he is at present ??
Makes him seem like a dirty old man when he was just a
‘cocky’ young bloke doing what young blokes do !!
As somebody on this forum has allready said, it has become
a legal circus where even the law hopes to profit from it in some
way ??
Epstein was the real villian in this, and even he never used violent
means to get his way!!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Really? Is this absolutely true?
So is he no longer a ‘royal’ with the many associated ‘titles’?
It’s one thing losing military titles, but to lose the various Dukedoms, etc, must come as a bit of a blow!
Will he also lose his personal bodyguards too, I wonder?

…deleted, may have it wrong.

Let’s hope he can and does clear his name, if he cooperates with the FBI.