Prime Minister Boris Johnson will lead a Downing Street press conference at 17:00 GMT

Prime Minister Boris Johnson will lead a Downing Street press conference at 17:00 GMT. He will be accompanied by England’s chief medical officer Chris Whitty and NHS England’s medical director of primary care Dr Nikki Kanani.

Presumably the bad news hasn’t got any better.

1 Like

:scream: Right then, so what else can they say? Plan B or Plan A? I know up here, our government is seeking financial help for business’s that might have to close again. Ominous.

@Omah ,. What do you expect??
Looking at all the sporting events recently where spectators
were 80% unmasked and the spacing was a joke !!
The main cause of increasing infections is large gatherings of
people and bodily contact !!
If people won’t listen, then people must suffer !!
Donkeyman! :-1::roll_eyes::-1:

2 Likes

Paving the way for yet another lockdown?

3 Likes

the press conference should open with a quick interruption by a news presenter showing a picture of Johnson looking 20 years younger and 10 stone slimmer with the newsreader saying … “Let’s go live to Nurenberg to hear the latest from the Ministry for Setting Good Examples”…

:lol:

1 Like

Can we afford another one … by ‘we’ I mean the taxpayer who is going to get hammered after this is over in a bid to balance the books.
I’d be amazed if there was another lockdown. Herd immunity will probab;y be the way to go now … which if I remember is what Boris wanted to do back in March 2020.

1 Like

Worth a read:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00728-2

Five reasons why COVID herd immunity is probably impossible

Even with vaccination efforts in full force, the theoretical threshold for vanquishing COVID-19 looks to be out of reach.

2 Likes

Crumbs … I’ve just had a shock …

Today’s figure have just been announced.

78,610 new cases.

3 Likes

Yes … I’ve just recorded it myself:

Cases

Latest data provided on 15 December 2021

Daily

Last 7 days

Current estimates are over 100,000 a day, even 200,000 a day, unrecorded cases.

:skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

They are only the ones we know about. There’ll be a lot more who are not tested with the blighter!

2 Likes

That’s what is so worrying … the asymptomatic cases or those who have just holed up feeling poorly.

2 Likes

Would not be at all surprised, LD. I think he was hoping to hang on until after Christmas, but the figures now are too high.

3 Likes

… … and what about the homeless rough sleepers …who will tend to those poor souls should they become infected😥

2 Likes

BJ’s blown away another Xmas … :scream:

2 Likes

I think they got help last time though, so I imagine it would be the same again. I hope so at least…we are not quite a third world country yet, that we forget our lost souls.

1 Like

I was reading an article yesterday that was the stuff of nightmares … some Moderna research guru saying it was possible for someone to be infected with both Delta and Omicron at the same time … and that if those two merged into another super mutant strain it could be a right humdinger.

1 Like

I know. :cry: I’m so done with this.

1 Like

@PixieKnuckles , here, have a cuddly hug lass from the pig. :hugs:

Really, I can imagine some people really struggling with this now.
It does seem never ending with a strategy that is having to adapt as it goes along and so is far from reassuring

2 Likes

Thanks Morty, you made me laugh :hugs: I honestly think I’ll have a meltdown if he announces the lockdown…even though I fully expect it, I really hope he doesn’t. Its been a 2 year limbo for all of us.

2 Likes

How low can you go now … :question:

1 Like