Price Hikes - log them here!

You’re probably right Assman, you know what a thieving bunch of b@stards these pommies are.

Compare that with good Aussie tucker like Weet-Bix, 1.2kg for $5

1 Like

Hi

A 1kilo pack of cooking bacon up from £1 to _£1.35

2 Likes

Waitrose 16 rolls gone up from £6 to £6.50 to £6.75!

I have 3 packs here tho as they kept sending me £3 off vouchers! Same for Kitchen towels - should have enough to last me a good few months :lol:

1 Like

I think we get 81 at a time. It’s not the thing you need to run out of when you are in the middle of your business !

3 Likes

Oh save yer money, save the planet - people use washcloths y’know :+1:

7 posts were split to a new topic: Ulcerative colitis (split thread)

Azz… Dare l say, l bought Britannia beef dripping earlier this week in the dreaded …Asda, it was £1.10.

2 Likes

I used to pay £4.35 for this, it’s gone up to £8!!!

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-extra-virgin-olive-oil/034147-17095-17096

I wouldn’t trust Asda as far as I could throw them Art :lol:

Azz, Wow, that’s a huge rise in price. I honestly think, some of the suppliers are jumping onto the bandwagon!

I would never buy meat from Asda. I would say, Asda has become more expensive since they were taken over not so long back.

1 Like

I think the govt/our MPs/politicians need to look into it Art - I find it hard to believe that the cost of producing and shipping a litre of olive oil has led to a 90% increase. Why aren’t the politicians acting against supermarkets/oil companies profiteering in times of a national/global crisis?

I wonder what it will take for people to stop letting them get away with it…

Azz, l am boycotting a lot of stuff l used to buy as l can’t bring myself to pay the extortionate prices they are charging.

I refused to pay £1.60 for Ryvita Dark Rye when l had only paid £1 previously.
Then last weekend, l saw them on offer for a £1 in Sainsbury’s, so l bought 3 packs with a good sell by date.
I went to Iceland today and l noticed that nearly everything has gone up by 50p. When you buy lots of items, it soon mounts up. Anyway, l didn’t spend much there!

1 Like

I think that’s what a lot of people are doing Art, but I reckon what the supermarkets have found is they can make just as much profit by selling significantly less!

It really is criminal, and shame on all of our MPs and politicians who aren’t doing anything about it. They’re supposed to be helping everyday people not businesses - it makes my blood boil :096:

1 Like

I went to Waitrose too, today.
I thought their prices had become more reasonable lately but today they were higher for many items.
How can they warrant the price of their various breads? Even, in the reduced section they are expensive!

2 Likes

Feb 2022 Sainsburys Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise 800g £2.65
Jan 2023 Sainsburys Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise 800g £3.60

1 Like

Maison Menissez part baked Petits Pains/Baguettes ( sold in Home Bargains) which were 35 pence a pack a year ago are now 69 pence a pack,having gone up another 10 pence last week.

1 Like

Went to Asda yesterday 12th/Jan/23 and their own brand of Baked Beans have risen from 99p for four cans,to £1,70.
Shall not buy them on principle,and their cooking sauces have also gone up by 10p which doesn`t sound alot but there is just no need.
I shall not be going there again.

2 Likes

Hi

Some things have had to have risen sharply in price.

Fish and chips are one such, huge rises in gas and electric, which are major input to the cost of running a fish and chip shop.

Potatoes have risen in price, the fertilizer came from the Ukraine etc.

Vegetable oils, the sunflower oil is grown in the part of Ukraine they are fighting over.

These things I can relate to, but l cannot explain the rise in price in other things.

2 Likes

Frascati is back up the £1 reduction Tesco had during December.

1 Like

Obviously prices are going up, I’ve not kept a log.
Hopefully broken biscuits are sacresant.

Three pounds and thirty pence from Iceland…I shall be watching like a hawk!

1 Like

ASDA just essentials eggs ( 15 pack-the only size) gone up ten pence to £1.75.
Still cheap but these sneaky ten pence rises keep happening!

1 Like