Price Hikes - log them here!

Noticed any price hikes in your ‘favourite’ supermarket? Please log them here!

Please include the item, supermarket, price it was before (or near the start of) the pandemic, and what they are now. Feel free to include a link to the item too.

I’m really beginning to get sick of the supermarkets profiteering now - most of them have tripled profits since the pandemic!!! :icon_mad:

Anyway, just noticed Beef Dripping has gone up a whopping SIXTY TWO PERCENT!!! :icon_eek:

Was 80p, now shot up to £1.30 - Waitrose - https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/britannia-beef-dripping/562736-451650-451651

500gm tin of Nescafe Blend 43 was $20 (for years) and regularly on special at $14 is now $24.50 normally and $16.40 on special.

1 Like

I have noticed most of the groceries i buy have gone up.
Clover spread was £1-25,its now £2-50 in Tesco and Sainsburys.
All sauces have gone up and jars of beetroot/pickled onions and other condoments.
Tesco`s own silver foil was £1-10 now it is now £1-60 to name just a few.

1 Like

Shredded wheat was 2–79 is now 2–99 :frowning::frowning:

1 Like

Hi

Fish Box,mini fish, chips, mushy peas or curry sauce, £3.60 to £4.50

1 Like

Donkeyman, Is that for a 24 or 30 pack normal (not bite size)

Yesterday, in Iceland, I bought 2x 24 packs of ‘normal’ Shredded Wheat for £4 if you buy two
I also got the Tuesday 10% off, so cost me £3.60 in total.

Trying not to derail the thread but Iceland are giving out a £30 shopping voucher for people on a state pension or benefits.
Telephone …0800 098 7877 if you can get through!

1 Like

I buy Waitrose 500gm block of their own brand butter.
It used to be about £3, then lately it went up to £3.80. Yesterday, it had been put up again to a whacking…£4.30.
Luckily, the label on display still stated the old price but the till stated it was £3.80. I pointed it out and l got it for £3.80 plus I had a voucher for 50p for it.

Isn’t it dreadful that lately, you have to scrat around, checking prices and using vouchers!

I am definitely buying less, it’s a good job, the shelves are half empty in the supermarkets.

1 Like

I’ve switched from Morrisons to mostly Asda basics…its saving me a fortune and there is no difference in quality either, which makes me happy! :+1:

1 Like

@Artangel ,Thats for a 30 pack at tesco Arty ,yep normal sized !!
I eat three at a time !! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

A 2 litre bottle of Stockwell’s Diet Lemonade (stocked in Tesco’s) up from 20p last month to 23p
Scandalous!

1 Like

It cost $5.50 here up from $4.80 but good news is that it is now made in the UK, previously it was made in Canada or the Netherlands. I only buy it in winter because I like it with hot milk.

In my last post, the word should be, ‘whopping’… not ‘whacking’.
(I don’t like looking thick and it’s too late to edit the post) :blush:

1 Like

Think they’re contextually synonymous.

@Dextrous63 , Ooooer, l woz just gonna say that !!
:+1::grin::+1:

1 Like

That’s the end of my big word usage for the day. Normal service will now be resumed.

2 Likes

Four pints of milk at my Tesco Local has gone up from about £1.15 to a massive £1.65!

Cheddar cheese has crept up too!

1 Like

Have never really understood how they get the inflation figures, but just about every price hike has been well over 10-11%.

1 Like

Bog rolls - 60% increase.

1 Like

@Bruce, l see your pack is only 12 biscuits though Brucy ??
Looks like you are being scammed to me!!
:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: