Pressure King Pro

Does anyone have one of these?

Apparently it greatly cuts the electric bill.

My friend showed me her pro king today, she cooked a stew and it took 30; minutes to cook…also told me the meat melted in the mouth it was so tender.

It would be interesting to get reviews from you guys…that’s if any of you have one? :grinning:

1 Like

Had one but it broke so I’ve got an instant pot duo now which IMO is far superior to the pressure king pro

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve just read up on those, there more expensive aren’t they?

I think I will be buying one of those,…I’ve just looked at Argos, there in stock in a town in Surrey, which I know the area well…next week I may well have a new instant pot duo…thanks for recommendation, twister.:+1:

I looked into them a while ago, but remember reading a negative/disadvantage of pressure cooking which put me off… but I can’t remember what that disadvantage was now :icon_redface: :lol:

1 Like

Oh!..really, I will look that up, I never thought of that…

I will type into google, what are the disadvantages of cooking with the pressure king pro…

Or even “ Pressure Cooking” …thanks for that ,Azz,…:+1:

Curious what that disadvantage is ? I do everything from hard boiled eggs, rice and stews in it. I cook my dog food quickly and easily. Potatoes and root veg. Milk pudding and porridge both do well. Only things you can’t really do is bake a cake or do pastry in it.

I really can’t remember (and it’s bugging me now! :lol:) but one thing that springs to mind is that they’re usually made of aluminium, and I personally avoid aluminium cookware so it might just be that : /

1 Like

We do have a pressure cooker but since we got the Instant Pot so the pressure cooker has been relegated to the cupboard.

1 Like

Azz…that’s on the outside…they have a thick croc pot inside…that you take out after cooking…apparently they hold more of the nutrients in whilst cooking ,than any other cooking method.on saying that, I think steaming is the best method of cooking.

2 Likes

I’ve had this pressure king pro on my mind, for quite a few days now, just driven to Newbury, had a look at the Argos store in Sainsbury’s, they were out of stock.

So, I took that as,It wasn’t the right time to buy one, …well blow me, if I didn’t look round the corner ,low and behold there was this solitary pressure king pro, beckoning me to pick him/ she up …i couldn’t believe it…well, I couldn’t leave it all there on it’s own now could I…:joy::sweat_smile:

It’s only a 3 ltr one, £60

1 Like

Good luck with your new purchase if you need any help just give a yell !

1 Like

quote=“Azz, post:7, topic:93956, full:true”]
I really can’t remember (and it’s bugging me now! :lol:) but one thing that springs to mind is that they’re usually made of aluminium, and I personally avoid aluminium cookware so it might just be that : /
[/quote]

Apologies Azz, you were right, they are made of aluminium…here is the inside pot.

When my friend showed me what she had cooked, it was in a croc pot, i “ assumed” she had cooked it in that…I was wrong!..

1 Like

Mine is stainless steel no aluminum at all.

I don’t know what my inner pot is made of…I will look it up…it=says Aluminium,Copper…sorry for the confusion.

I have no idea what this is so I will be watching with interest , so keep us informed of what you can and can’t cook in it Pauline

Can you also show us the other pieces

2 Likes

Susan…I cooked a lamb stew/ casserole in the pressure king pro, it’s a digital pressure cooker.

It has a browning function, where I browned the lamb and onion, I then added the carrots and sweet potatoes, I would have added more veg, but, that’s all I had, then I added some chicken stock,

Oh! and I forgot to say, I coated the lamb in flour and added salt and pepper, then browned it with the onions.makes a nice gravy…

In the pressure cooker ,it only took 25 mins to cook, it also locks in the flavours, it was absolutely delicious, I just wish I’d bought one sooner…

Saves us money on our electricity bill, Susan,x…I highly recommend it!..:+1:

It’s a 3 LTR one, at £ 60 from Sainsbury’s, much cheaper on amazon…

It’s also going to make my life much more easier!

1 Like

Yummy sounds lush . Keep us informed

1 Like

Susan, it’s amazing, it’s just cooked me a Rogan Josh curry, of course I have to do all the prep work, but even so, it would have taken ages to cook that in the oven, …in honesty it could have done with another 5 mins for the lamb…it was delicious and I cleared my plate, the flavours were amazing as well!

It’s just getting used to cooking in it, I’ve only cooked once in it.

I’ve got at least 2 more meals from what it cooked, and only the inner and lid to clean.

2 Likes

Looks lovely Pauline

My son has just bought an air fryer and sent me a text to say how good that is . So I’ll be reading up on them both .

1 Like

Yes, I’ve just read up on the pro air fryer, they have a rotisserie as well, the chicken looked delicious, plus they lock in the flavours.

£150 in Argos…i won’t be getting one just yet, …maybe in the future.

Did your Son say, what he had cooked in it ,Susan?..:grinning: