Premium Bonds - have you won anything?

Jazzi … I thought the minimum was a block of £100 :frowning:

It is myrtle, if buying a one off lot. But by standing order the minimum is £50/month, so I’ve gone for that.

You and me both on that front - I was bought a £1 PB by my grandma when I was ten years old and not a sniff, not a sausage.

On the plus side, I’ve won £25 today from a block of £300 I bought around eighteen years ago - was thinking about trading them in. Do you think they knew and let me win so as to keep me interested? :wink:

If you trade them in, what are you going to do with the money?

Sent off the form requesting internet account, and Nationwide have set up my monthly standing order (starting 1.1.16).

My premium bonds, of which I have the maximum permissible, are doing so much better than the money I have in the savings accounts. I have prize money most months.

My premium bonds are doing better than other savings too. I like the fact that you need about a week to get at the money, makes you think twice about taking it out!

I never spend the prize money, I just bung it into one of the savings accounts.

On the whole, mine are doing sod all. Unsure if I have the maximum but it’s not far off :frowning:

Have the old max plus a few winnings reinvested.

For Jan had 3 £25 wins

For Feb only 1 £25 win

Some months nothing but on the whole getting a slightly return from bonds than my ISA.

I had 2 x £25 wins this month … received one of the cheques this morning :slight_smile:

Seems like I am mingling with the rich on here.

I have savings accounts for my two grandsons which I have held in their name since their births and I want to keep control of untill they are 25 or there abouts. they dont get much interest on about 12,000 each. if I bought them some PBs in their name could I register them at my address?so I could still keep control of the money. I want them to have this money when they are more mature for their future.I also now have a step grandson of 15 so I want to treat him the same, so do you think that buying some PBs is a good bet.

I’ve never bought premium bonds, I suppose they seem too much like gambling, yet any savings scheme is a bit of a gamble.

I liked the Index-linked certificates, you knew where you were with them. Only wish they’d go on doing them.

The maximum at present is £50,000 at present. It has gone up by £10,000 for the last two years. I hope it goes up again this year too.

How can it be classed as a gamble you always get your money back and any wins are tax free.

Ernie loves me to the tune of £100 this month.

Cheers, Tarantula. He gave us 4 x £25 as well.

:smiley:

Ernie comes up most months, otherwise I wouldn’t be a happy bunny!:mrgreen:

Now I’ve started investing at £50 a month, on top of the £150 I already held, I’m hoping for a few small wins. Or even a large one.