Premium Bonds - have you won anything?

Ahhhh … you and Patsy should leave them in then :smiley:

Answering my own question about cashing them in …

Think it takes 8 working days after they receive your application, to get a refund

I have some Premium Bonds and I used to have regular wins! These days, I think the winnings I receive only amount to how much interest I would have earned in the bank!

May be worth taking them out and putting them back in again

You probably know, Mark, that you can opt to have your winnings in three ways:
(1) Sent by a cheque.
(2) Paid directly into your nominated bank account.
(3) Reinvested in new Premium Bonds. In this case, you do not need the minimum investment sum of £100.

Compared to National Lottery tickets, I believe them to be much better. If you lose on one month, you still have the same chances the next month - without having to pay for more tickets.

I’ve had just £50 in bonds for years but won £50 twice!

I have a few and have the occasional win.
I would like to invest in gold. That loverly shiny yellow metal. Hold it in my hands and drool and have orgasims over it.
But when you buy it you pay a premium. When you go to sell you also pay a premium.
So where can you get it on the cheap?

Today is the 1st of November.
I’m expecting a telephone any minute now to tell me I’ve won a million pounds.

I shall have a slap-up party - and you’re all invited…

The 'phones ringing …

Damn! Apparently Microsoft have detected a fault on my PC, but a nice Indian gentleman is presently mending it for me.

It’s gonna be my lucky day, I just know it.

Bit behind, aren’t you mate? I thought it was December. :shock:

Thanks for that, Jazzi.
My Mickey Mouse watch wasn’t worth the 95pence I paid for it on the market.

:lol:

You’re about right Rachel. I recently cashed mine in and within about 8 days the money was back in the bank.
The Post Office won’t supply the forms any more though, not even a main post office won’t (well ours didn’t anyway), you have to fill in the request directly on line now.

I have 2 x £1 bonds given as birthday gifts when I was in my teens…Needless to say, I’ve never won anything.:cry:

Malc.

Prize announcements this morning…
My OH has won 5 x £25
I’ve won a poxy 1 x £5

There’s no justice!

:frowning:

Your turn will come :wink: .

Today I will be altering my account so that all my premium bond wins will be used to purchase more bonds. This sending them to my house is a right pain.

Think it’s about time I started buying more.

They are more of a Premium Con trick to get hold of your money .

my sister has a few & only had them in 6 months & so far all her small wins have amounted to £700 … i have some & have won small amounts £125 but more than a bank would pay for in interest so thats a bonus

I cashed mine in because I never had a single penny in 12 months. At least I’d have got some interest in an ISA.

I don’t know what to do with all my surplus money :wink:

Put it in my Christmas card? :smiley:

After a long afternoon on the computer, and rebooting (printer wouldn’t work), I now have two forms printed out. One to the bank for monthly standing orders (I am going for £50 a month), and a form to register for online.