Premium Bonds - have you won anything?

I’m doing quite well on these. Just received 3 X £25 cheques :smiley: . I have 15 grand’s worth so I might well invest in quite a few more.

1 Like

You are doing better than me. I have the maximum number allowed and haven’t had a win for quite a while

I’ve never won anything on them and I have £12 worth !
:-p

1 Like

Nope never had a penny and we were given about £125 of them in 1984.

If they’ve been there for a loooooong time, then it might be an idea to take them out and buy some more.
My father used to say that if premium bonds had been in for years, they needed ‘refreshing’ and he said it was better to have them all in one block.

He had researched this as far as possible at the time

Interesting Rachel will look into that.

I just logged in to my NS&I account as I intend to purchase a load more - today if possible :slight_smile: .

Both my wife and self have the maximum holdings in Premium Bonds. Every month, we think we might just get a sizeable prize, but over fifteen years we have just had small £25’s or 50’s.

Still… next month, it could be the big one!

Statistically, Premium Bonds fail miserably against the ever-increasing RPI. Your money is always safe, and somebody has to win the big prize each month. It’s our turn soon.

Now have £45000 of premium bonds!

Sure was nice to see 3 envelopes come through the letter box. Takes my earnings to £250 this year - not great but not too shabby either.

A cash ISA might be a good idea too and a current account with Santander ?
Their 123 account pays interest

I think I have round about that amount in my wallet :smiley:

In theory I now have 3x what I did have so who knows - I would be happy with £750 next year :slight_smile: .

I wish you continuing success, Mark - but not for the big million - that’s mine!!!

:lol:

Maybe you’ll be lucky, Mark, but it’s dead money isn’t it.

Just as long as you have enough savings in case you need dosh in a hurry.

Anyone know how long it takes for them to pay up if you cash in any bonds ?

Ooooh MKJ… I don’t think you should advertise how much money you have as you don’t know who is reading this or could be out to fleece you!! :slight_smile:

You can’t buy £12 worth now - has to be £100 minimum

If anyone can take the money out of my wallet and remain unhospitalised then they are welcome to it :smiley:

Better as premium bonds than in my current account. Lot safer because of it I should think.

I’ve £10 worth and had them from year 2 but have never won anything.