Potato Milk ..whatever next?!

I like my milk full cream and from cows, but this grabbed my attention as what could be the latest fad. Opinions please.
Potato milk to hit the shelves at Waitrose this week and tipped to become a 2022 best-seller | UK News | Sky News

We already have coconut, oat, almond, soya, and God knows what other kind of milk, this addition hardly seems noteworthy. I use less than a pint of milk per week, so my opinion doesnā€™t carry much weight. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I will definitely try it, if I come across it in the supermarket, I wonā€™t go out of my way to look for it though.

1 Like

the idea has been milked dry.

3 Likes

Ohā€¦myā€¦word. I go through an entire pint of milk in the morning between 6 & 9am :astonished:

1 Like

Itā€™s not milk! They are getting really loose with that name. IMHO

4 Likes

I so agree with you Danny! And I hate the term ā€˜vegan leatherā€™ just as much. What on earth are they talking about? Leather is the cured and tanned hide of an animal. How the feck can anything plant based be called leather? Grrr :rage:

2 Likes

I think the French can contribute here I think the word faux should be a the fore front of such products. Why simply because what you are calling ā€œmilkā€ and ā€œleatherā€ donā€™t actually fit the definition. Itā€™s like me calling my car an airplane. Just because I call it that doesnā€™t mean I can take off and fly. Any more than a Coconut with mammary glands. I swear weā€™re destroying the English language. We donā€™t even bother to come up with unique names anymore we just sequel off whatā€™s there already. Iā€™m ranting.

2 Likes

Good grief. I am trying like mad to run from carbs trying to shave off a few pounds, and now they want to sneak them into a plant milk?

If I am having a potato, itā€™s going to be hot, rich and baked, au gratin, herbed and roasted, grilledā€¦

Rise up and stop this evil now! :091: :icon_lol:

3 Likes

and fried, boiled, ā€¦
I certainly wouldnā€™t want to drink one.

2 Likes

Agreed, If I have to drink potato milk, itā€™s going to be with a side of buttermilk, and salt and pepper milk too.

2 Likes

ROFLMAO! :rofl:

Never tried to milk a potato - donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother!

3 Likes

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Too much to learn here - like which end gets the milking.

2 Likes

Ive swapped from skimmed to oat milk .

Ugh ā€¦ I canā€™t stand milk it makes me shudder.

Like you LDā€¦I love full fat milk, the one with the blue lidā€¦love it in my teaā€¦:+1::+1:ā€¦also as it is.

1 Like

Dont think I will be be bothering with so-called potato milk, either.
I used to keep dairy goats, and enjoyed their milk for about 25 years though.
I have tried Oat milk too. I found it sort of ok in an emergency, but wouldnt use it reguarly.

2 Likes

I like oat milk on my cereal I canā€™t tell the difference between it and semi skimmed .

1 Like

I enjoy oat milk as well, but you canā€™t heat itā€¦i mean, add it to hot drinks for example. It goes gooey :face_vomiting: