Post your daily exercise routine

Well, OGF, this walking is a bit of a frustration, but I am adapting - just happy to be in the world right now. It’s pouring cold buckets, but it looks like it will clear for a run soon enough.

Yes, the adventures of running with dogs! I am sure we could all write a book. My favorite was a dog who followed me, veered off to the house of a stranger to steal a garden glove, and then caught up with me to follow another mile or two, glove between teeth .

If the world was better about spaying, neutering, and caring for their animals, I might agree to a degree with you about the justification about having so many, but I am guilty of having had as many as five at one time - all former strays, all once horribly mistreated. While I understand your ethics in regards to the planet, mine have more than offset that cost by creating jobs and putting food in other people’s mouths. It might even surprise you that given the choice between having one more child versus having all the sweet dog souls I have had in my life, I would have chosen the dogs :+1: :dog2: :guide_dog: :service_dog: :poodle: :wolf:. They are just that special, IMHO. As ever the problem is not the dogs, but the irresponsible people! Perhaps a few less of them is the answer :sunglasses:?

1 Like

Ha! Funny you should say that Surfermom…I was doing a twenty mile training run with Mrs Fox riding shotgun (following me on her bike with the water) after five miles we passed through a small town, deserted at seven in the morning except for a mingy looking hound sniffing around empty chip papers. He locked onto me and proceeded to follow while looking up and smiling with his happy doggy face. He ran alongside through the town and out into the country, I reasoned that he would not sustain this pace for long and return to his home (if he had a permanent home)

I passed the ten mile mark and so did the dog, not only that, he was examining various items of interest on the verges, and still managed to catch me up. By fifteen miles he looked fresher than I did. If ever I could have taken a dog to my heart and give it a good home it would have been him. Unfortunately a cat with attitude already resided at the Fox residence, and I knew she would not accept a friend at this late stage of her life.

What to do with this impressive long distance hound, then at eighteen miles a farmer on a bicycle passed in the opposite direction and the dog took a shine to him and continued his journey alongside the old gentleman. I would like to think that this story had a happy ending and the farmer gave that friendly little hound a good home. Me, I legged it and never saw the dog again. But his memory will stay with me forever…Amazing animal…
:dog:

1 Like

I don’t really like to exercise, but I feel better after exercising, so I keep doing it. A mandatory item is walking on a treadmill for at least 5 kilometers. I have congestion in my legs, so I need to walk a lot every day. I also have an exercise bike in my room, but I prefer to walk on a treadmill, it is better for me to use. I also try to avoid bending over because it’s bad for my lower back. I love doing push-ups, light dumbbell presses, and trying out ring pull-ups.

1 Like

This is another exercise machine I bought this year…Cross Trainer…can’t live without my exercise…:heartpulse::heartpulse:

90 pull ups on the FMP…not all in one go…once a day. 6 days a week.

Jogging every two to three days.

Cross trainer every day…at least 30 minutes…6 days a week.

I ride my bike almost every day. Sometimes it can be difficult, but the main thing is to make stops on time. Moreover, my bike looks cool and teenage, it’s pink :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sweat_smile: