Poor Arthur

Every cat owner knows how difficult it is to administer drugs and creams and drops. Good luck with all that. I wish we could just explain to them that it is for their own good.

Glad he is home though. Please tell him that the members of OFF are rooting for him.

Just another small update as you have all been so kind to think of him and send. him good wishes :slight_smile:

Hes been home for 7 days now and whilst its not been easy keeping him in and getting 3 lots of drops into his eyes every 4 hours, his eyes are both now fully open:038:

The one they think needs an operation does have a black spot on it. I assume thats the scab they are looking to remove but we will find out on Tuesday for sure

Because he cant get out, Mr Missy takes him for a walk in the garden in his arms and then brings him into the garage with him to play snooker :mrgreen: Arthur loves sitting on the snooker table and knocking the balls down the pockets :slight_smile:

Its been interesting how Arthur has gotten used to being inside, heā€™s started to play again, all his toys are back out scattered everywhere. Still his favourite game is to sit at the top stair hidden by the bannister and attack our ankles as we go by, or hide under the clothes on the airer ready to pounce :mrgreen:

Oh and the heart murmur cant be heard anymore so that was probably all done to the stress

Good to know he is truly on the mendā€¦hope all goes well on Tuesday :slight_smile:

Iā€™m glad he is ok. A few games of snooker will take his mind off it.

Iā€™m pleased to hear Arthur is on the mend, he sounds quite a character and is enjoying being fussed over :smiley:

Missy, I love your posts that tell good news on Arthur & it is great that he is settling at being kept in. He sounds like a very happy cat, if he is playing with things, so it sounds like he will be around a lot longer than we all feared.
Looks like to are going to be a cat slave for quite a while!:mrgreen:

Good news about Arthur - love the idea of him playing snooker with Mr Missy!

Ah bless him,he looks lovely. Isnt there a sort of foam ring you can fit round an animals neck to stop them getting to a wound ?Im sure Ive read/heard of this

So pleased to hear Arthur is on the mend.These Fur babies do pull at our heart strings

So glad he Arthur is improving now, Missy. Sounds like he is doing really well.

What a worry our beloved animals are to at times.

Could you let him stretch his legs around the garden a little on a cat harness and lead maybe? You wouldnā€™t have to worry about him running off either then.

I used to do this when one of my cats was not well,or had surgery & can recommend it.But be careful near a fence, I took one of my cats out on the lead in the garden once & little monkey jumped straight up the fence,thank goodness for the lead:-)

Arthurā€™s new nick name is Bright Eyes :slight_smile:

Both eyes fully open and sparkling

Vet has discharged him and heā€™s free to come and go again :slight_smile:

The scab on his eye isnā€™t giving him any problems so they are leaving well alone

We are Ā£500 lighter but worth every penny to see him back to his normal self , even if heā€™s looking a bit daft with half is fur shaved off. Still itā€™s helping keep him cool :slight_smile:

Thank you all again for the support and well wishes

Wow! Thatā€™s brilliant. Iā€™m sure he will be much happier now he can come and go as he pleases. I hope he appreciates all you have done for him. :wink:

What wonderful news, Missy !

Thanks for letting us know Missy.:slight_smile:

I keep looking at this thread, to see how he is doing, and I am so pleased that Arthur ( Bright Eyes) is showing us how healthy he now is!

Ha ha

As is Typical of cats, its the most perfect day, sun shining, fluffy white clouds and a good cool breeze, and wheres he after his forced imprisonment?

Yep

Curled up asleep on my bed. :mrgreen:

He has obviously been speaking to my 5, who are doing exactly the same!:mrgreen:

Wonderful news Missy. Bright Eyes has got used to being a house cat and fussed over :slight_smile:

:mrgreen:

They will never, ever do what you want them to. :lol:

Well Ive just been told something pretty amazing regarding Arthur

As you know he is a rescue cat. All we knew about him was he was found in a specific derelict building at the side of the road heading out to Portrush - very busy fast road

Anyways Mr Missy is in work today and a new florist has moved into the premises and he was giving her a hand and they were chatting away and he said he had a cat, a rescue , and showed her a picture

As the florist was looking at the picture she recounted the story of how she was coming out of Portrush and had seen a black and white kitten at this particular derelict building and had gone back to catch it and took it to the rescue centre

How amazing is that to find the person who saved Arthurs life?

It sure is a small world :slight_smile: