Please.....Does Anyone Know What These Mystery Plants Are?

I have grown these plants from seeds that l have collected in the past.
I have no idea what they are but they must’ve been from something l liked!!
Please don’t tell me that they are nettles!

I thought it looked a bit like Honesty but I find it difficult to tell seedlings apart

The seedlings pics on this site may help

http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings3.html

1 Like

I can confirm they are indeed plants.
Feel free to ask for any more gardening advice. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry, but they look a bit like bramble seedlings to me. :smiley:

Surely you must remember which plant you took the seed from Art?

2 Likes

Boot, Thank You for that!
There were a few that looked like it but when l checked them out, l knew it wasn’t anything l recognised!

That was exactly my first thought too.

1 Like

Mr Fraggle… with helpful friends like you… who needs unhelpful enemies!! :laughing:

I do try to help when I can. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Could it be a Lantana? We used to have one of these, don’t know what happened to it, but the leaves look a bit like it from what I remember.

1 Like

No way are they brambles! Why would l take seeds from a bramble? :laughing:

My garden is one acre in size and absolutely full of various plants, so l think l can be forgiven for not being meticulous about a couple of seeds, when there is so much to do here.

I grow lots of things from cuttings and seeds but l had a saucer on my kitchen window sill that l had put all the seeds onto.
I did have a Agastache Little Adder that was planted last year but didn’t appear this year. I know l kept some seeds from that.

I didn’t mean to offend you! It’s just if I keep seeds I pop them in a small envelope and write on the envelope, else I would forget too.
Don’t know what yours are.

1 Like

Mups, Honestly, you haven’t offended me at all. l was just trying to explain why l don’t have time to label everything.
I know, they must be something that is nice as that’s why l would have kept the seeds.

I just thought it might be nice for someone to confirm what they are.

Thank You Bathsheba, but l think the leaves are different to mine.

I think my photo because l took it close up, has made the leaves look bigger than they really are.

1 Like

3 Likes

No idea they all look alike to me even when I label them I doubt my own system then hey presto. Whatever they are they would now be forever know as “surprise” to me here. Look forward to seeing them mature bit like a magical mystery grow.

1 Like

Here is a pic, l took further away!

I would suggest you hang on for a few more weeks but possibly repot them in a week or so. Maybe by then all will be revealed.

1 Like

Muddy…Mmmn…that was really helpful!!

Are you and Mr Fraggle related? :laughing: :laughing:

Kazz, They certainly will be a surprise!
Isn’t there a song about, The Plant With No Name? Or, was that a horse? :laughing:

EZ, Yes, time will tell. I only repotted them this morning!