Platinum Jubilee

Hi

Haven’t seen it yet, looking forward to watching it when I get home.

I’ve been reading elsewhere that a lot of the musicians were miming and definitely Diana Ross . I was concerned she might fall down those steps but she looked good , not sure about the dress .

Re the miming I guess their voices gone. Ole Rod Stuart still thinks he’s got it though I wonder if his joints ache today bless him .

Can someone tell me who was the bloke that fronted Queen ?

Half of them I never knew and one guy sang about being in space ( hippie type long hair ) and the camera panned to Princess Anne and her lips said with a grin " I don’t know what that was about "
:grinning:

A lot of 'em are ‘getting on a bit now,’ Susan - same as us I suppose. :grinning:
I am never quite sure when they ought to call it a day, but it’s a bit of nostalgia and memories of yesterday I guess.

I missed the show on telly, but was it Brian May who fronted ‘Queen.’ Although he usually plays guitar.
Even he is 74 now. Been married to actress Anita Dobson for over 20 years.

I am guessing hippie-type long haired chap you asked about was the one who came second in the Eurovision this year - Same Rhyder?
I know a lot of people rave over him, and he might well be a nice bloke, but he shouts more than sings to me so not my sort of singer at all.

2 Likes

Adam Lambert has been impersonating FM for quite a few years now.

Oh, thanks dOOd.
Shows how much I know about pop music! :smiley:

1 Like

As for Ashley Banjo and horrible Diversity ---- what are they FOR?

Adam Lambert is Freddie Mercury wannabe. I cant bear to watch him. I dont see them as Queen with him performing . I was really annoyed they took another front man but that’s because I’m a huge Freddie fan and it makes me feel sad to see.

In my mind they didn’t need another front man. They could have carried on performing just the two of them as Roger Taylor and Brian can sing.

To me it feels like a betrayal. I’m not alone in my thoughts as so many hard fredfie fans feel the same.

1 Like

I have no idea of who she is. Mind you, she did wave her flag! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I did go to two Jubilee fetes, which were very organised and had great fun.

IMG_0201

Indeed, but has retained her very wicked sense of humour.

1 Like

That’s why they’re always billed as Queen + Adam Lambert or Queen & Adam Lambert when they perform together. I have to admit, though, I didn’t like his outfit or make up one little bit last night.

2 Likes

She is apparently Mary Simon, Canada’s Governor General.

As my friend so eloquently says “she looks like she could p**s vinegar!” :rofl:

3 Likes

He was chosen as, like Freddie, he’s gay.

Just been reading that Cliff Richard was very disappointed not to have been asked to perform.

1 Like

The only part worth watching.

2 Likes

Yes, that was a brilliant start to the “extravaganza”.

1 Like

Who??

Well just caught the end of todays proceedings have been watching on and off so to speak but today thought watch the end. when The Queen came out and I found myself tearing up totally unexpectedly.

I’ve just said the same thing on the other jubilee thread, I felt very emotional and I wanted to hug her x

I wanted to vomit.

don’t fight it …