Platinum Jubilee

How will you be celebrating?

We are thinking of going to the pub, such an English thing to do.

Ma’am

1 Like

We certainly will NOT be celebrating ANYTHING because there is NOTHING to celebrate. In fact something to deplore. I’d rather celebrate the career of the Kardashians. At least they go some way towards making their own living and being some actual value and use.

2 Likes

I understand there will be an afternoon of celebration at the local cricket club, terminating with a firework display of mammoth proportions. Weather permitting, Mrs Fox and myself will be attending. With a pie and pea supper, it gets my vote of approval…
:+1:
Pies have always been my weakness…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

We are having a party at ours with quite a local people here. Conversation, food, and a bit of wine.

3 Likes

Oh Todger, sometimes you are such a misery…
:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I’d rather be a misery (which I’m not) than a sycophantic royalist in any form.

2 Likes

Okay Todger, only joking…
:hugs:

1 Like

Any excuse for a party though.We have a day off for her birthday here.God Save the queer old dean,etc…

3 Likes

Wasn’t the Queen born in April? Her birthday is a movable feast here, in NSW it is a public holiday on the 13th June this year whereas in Queensland it is 3rd October (the Labour Day holiday in NSW)

When is the jubilee celebrated in the UK?

Spring Bank Holiday … Thu, 2 Jun 2022
Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday … Fri, 3 Jun 2022
Long weekend

(the spring bank hol is usually last Monday of May)

Our neighbours are talking of a street party. Nothing set in stone yet though

Dunno if we’re doing anything special - probs not.

Had to google that. Surely our own royal family are more fun.

Not in my opinion. The Windsor’s are a pointless anachronism that costs the UK taxpayers billions despite the public claims that this is not so.

2 Likes

We already have serious plans. Different types of food, my neighbour across the way is bringing his barbecue, one of the ladies already made decorations, we have party hats, extra chairs, the big parasol and stuff…

1 Like

Oh, what joy they bring!

Precisely. WHAT joy?

I have had a few invites to Jubilee celebrations but l’m not really bothered.

The Queen’s Silver Jubilee was enough for me… I was pregnant, the street celebration for the Silver Jubilee was 12th June. My baby was due on, 13th June.
The organisers said, as babies were always late, our house was best placed in the cul-de-sac and would be ideal to hold the celebration from there.
Even though, l was concerned l went along with it…
The day went went well, then at 10pm, l went into labour and my husband had to take me to hospital.
We walked out of our house to get to the hospital, leaving all our neighbours in it, boozing and scoffing food!
I will never forget the words as we left the house… ‘Has she dropped it yet?’ Followed by raptures of laughter!!
I gave birth to a baby girl, the next day!!

Oh you know … Hewitt boy marries black blood! Uncle Andrew’s a paedo, that kind of thing.

What’s happening in the Kardashians household? Anything much?

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll be doing anything to celebrate, I’ll just appreciate the holiday. Nobody round my way has anything planned either as far as I know.