Platinum Jubilee

Nah. They’re just a decent lot earning their own living.

Yes the Queen costs us ta payers to much.

66p a year each.

How much does the Queen cost us each year? - Smooth (smoothradio.com)

2 Likes

That’s pure BS. When ALL the costs are factored in together with the losses to the Exchequer it runs to well over 4 billion and earns around a million at the most (and that’s pushing it and being VERY generous) in tourism.

1 Like

I’m not saying you are wrong about that, Todger, but it is highly unkilely that you are right, considering you probably just made it all up. :slightly_smiling_face:

I won’t do anything special to celebrate but I won’t be knocking it either,

I’ve mellowed since the Silver Jubilee which I spent sat outside the Bull and Bush in Hampstead, wearing my Stuff the Jubilee badge and taking on all comers!

Very good, but I didn’t. It comes down to what is factored in and what isn’t. There’s a shed load of associated monies that don’t get included from cost of military on “Royal” duties through to loss of revenue from “royal” properties and incomes that should be going into the Government Exchequer.

But you are overlooking all the invisible earnings the Royal Family brings into the economy. I can’t tell you what they are, because I haven’t seen them. :thinking:

There ARE no invisible earnings. The myth is that they attract tourists well that’s a load of rubbish. Tourists come to the UK to see architecture, places of historical interest and where their ancestors come from or are buried but expecting to meet or encounter any of the The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha aka Windsor’s? Hardly. Even (most) Americans aren’t THAT stupid.

Not a thing, not interested :triumph: and have a farm to help run. :innocent:

2 Likes

It sounds like you’ve conducted a poll, Todger. :slightly_smiling_face:

Platinum, that suggests Blondes, yummee . :icon_wink:

So you are into the Kardashians, what a sad person you are.:smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Interesting article in todays i

Don’t dismiss it until you’ve read it!
She makes some very good points about excess and privilege in these days of hardship…

Page 19

I had a letter through my door to say the road through the village (a no through road) and outside my house will be closed to traffic on Saturday 4th June between 1pm and 5pm and I am to 'make my own crown, bring my own food , plate and cutlery ’

The chairman of the parish council (who I know for a fact broke covid rules with gatherings at his house which I walk past at night with Chloe ) is to make a speech and there will be 2 Morris dancers and party games.
Mmmm…gatherings are not my thing and it looks like if I want to go out it will have to be before the road closes.

1 Like

Sounds a good time to have a really smelly bonfire going.

…don’t tempt me TAT :laughing:

…I forgot to add there was another letter enclosed about a ‘first aid class in the village hall’ presumable in preparation for any villager who is overcome by the proceedings on June the 4th bearing in mind most of the village is over 70/ one of 90 and have heart conditions.One is bipolar,vegan and alcoholics and prone to wandering the village naked while eating porridge from a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon …that might liven the event .

3 Likes

inews says:
Platinum Jubilee only serves to highlight our unequal social system.

Those that are more equal than others, will be away for the long weekend. Street parties are for the plebs.

inews says:
Do they not know there is a war on?

There is always a war on.

1 Like

Value and/or use ?? Well - I suppose they did liven up StarTrek !

cardassian

1 Like

and I thought the Kardashians was one of those Israeli tribes.

1 Like