Plans for The Autumn?

So, it’s that time of year again!

I thoroughly enjoy the months of September and October, now that the “manic”" summer season is over it’s time to anticipate getting out and about a bit more. Trips into the woods and forest foraging, wild fungi and chestnuts… hopefully! Squashes and pumpkins in the supermarkets, hot toddies and country pubs, lovely mellow light for taking pictures, all very appealing!:+1:

Anyone got anything marked down on their to do list?
It won’t be too long before you know what! :shushing_face::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

I need to buy a new coat!

1 Like

Lightweight and waterproof.

1 Like

Yeah, that is most certainly an essential Spitty! :+1:

I’ve bought quality on the last two occasions and the zips gave up the ghost on both instances.

Zips almost always seem to be weak points

NATO issue, so far it’s been very serviceable, rolls up very nicely!

Off to visit chatsworth house next week, staying over for a couple of nights, going into Bakewell to sample some Bakewell pudding , then three nights in the Lake District in October…

3 Likes

Must get the boiler serviced and CH checked. Don’t want any rads to start rumbling.

2 Likes

Many plans.
I need to buy and build a new wood store as my current one is about to fall down. And that will mean digging out the spot its going in and laying a concrete base. Not looking forward to that work.
Then I need to crack on with the jobs I’ve stopped while it was too hot. Busy times.

3 Likes

Ditto! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Sweeping leaves up mainly from the half dozen massive trees just over the wall…
Going away for one night with some friends and neighbours, it’s their 60th wedding anniversary.
They listen to Tony Blackburn on the radio, so decided to go to York where he is doing a one nighter. We are going with them and staying in a posh hotel for one night… :017:
I recommended going for a couple of nights but were overruled…
It’s also our wedding anniversary in early October (54 years) but I got overruled again for a trip to either Tenby or Weston Super Mare…I’ll probably take Mrs Fox for a Big Mac or something…
:hamburger:

1 Like

No definite Autumn plans, I tend to take each day as it comes but it’s my birthday next week and I will be having a special meal with my daughter and a couple of very dear friends, so I’m looking forward to that

2 Likes

Happy Birthday for next week if I forget Ambre…
:partying_face:
:mini: :mini: :mini: :mini:

2 Likes

Aw thanks OldGreyFox :birthday: :cake: have an early piece of cake !

2 Likes

:yum:
I just love cake!..

2 Likes

Now we are “Friends of Hyde Park”, I plan to go there as often as I can.

This is the HQ:

1 Like

I’ve just been reading up on this, brings back memories of 1987, the great storm. I was in Hyde Park first thing, to pick up my fishing permit from the superintendent’s lodge I think. Massive uprooted trees, one of them was lying on the steps leading down to The Park Lane Subway!

Yes that building is known as The Old Police House, formerly Hyde Park Police Station. There is a Superintendents Lodge nearby (?).

1 Like