Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Lets see what happens Gummy, its good to take the rough with the smooth.

just watch ya don’t get piles? and piles and piles? :hot_face: :running_man:

I think it was Dex who questioned the hassle of having the motorized wheel on the rear on the Saracen, I am now inclined to agree with him, you may recall a month or so ago, I got a puncture in the rear tyre and had an hours fight, removing and refitting the wheel. Today i found I had another flat tyre on the back, and had the same fight so, this time I have fitted a slime filled innertube so, in the event of a third occurrence it should seal itself.

1 Like

Yuck, frankly…but if it works then good for you!

And yes I got a 503.

which does raise an historical or statistical which can be historical question and I would need to see the research figures but what % of punctures are traditionally found in front wheels as opposed to rear wheels?? serious question - and so frankie howard would say " do not mock - do not mock!!"

Gum, you just need to wait for the epilogue, a short 194 days maybe. :icon_wink:

oops spittie sorry old chap - I am running ahead to fastly then - even the old nippon bike canny keep up with it all heh? bring back the tiger cub and let me hear the growl again!!

Silence is golden, as is the look on the faces of folks who can’t work out why a pushbike is going four times as fast as it is supposed to go, especially without turning a pedal. :smiley: :kangaroo:

the “peter pan syndrome” comes to mind for some reason - I still like to feel the deep growl of a bsa or velocete or triumph beneath me groins!!

Gummy, at this age, you just have to hope there is no unusual swelling in the groin area, and, you can hit 50 mph without being hospitalized whilst not wearing a helmet, and, the bowels growl regular. :grinning: :bike: :icon_wink:

I could never go back to the days of hatless bikies - headless yes but not hatless! remember the kamakazi pilots - you remind me of them !

521 miles on the Saracen, that is equal to Birmingham to Bonn in Germany.

Done a road journey today, not too much traffic, still got pulled out on.

1 Like

“pulled out on”??? ya vul!!

It was my fault, I was in Kamakazi mode, and Helmetless.

what did ya get a good tickin off ; a ticket or a hardy laugh and the words " omg I don’t believe it -at your age ?"!

I got a look of astonishment from the passenger! Been out on the Sur ron and the Bomber today and ended up spending more time cleaning them than riding them, I am going to refit the cover over the control unit on the Bomber, because the mud from the front wheel hits it directly.

1 Like

Its a bike well loved! :smiley:

Just looking to insure the Bomber Pix, its not the same as the Sur ron which is insured as an electric Motorcycle. Just been on an Ebike Insurance comparison site, the Bomber cost £3000.00 to build so, I entered that as the value, the cover includes me injuring someone to a value of £1m, and, personal injury but, there are some strict rules (understandably) on how and where it is securely stored, which are already applied anyway, the final piece of the jigsaw, which isn’t clear in the blurb is that, if the bike is covered for theft, whilst operational IE Bike Jacking.
The cost of the policy is £143.00, which is worth it if this type of theft is covered. :bike:

1 Like

Is that a month? Wow that’s a bit expensive :scream:

No, a year. :smiley:

1 Like