Pictures of my golden retrievers

Heavens you were lucky! We only ever had one at a time, and when they had their heavy moult, about twice a year, the house would be coated! I can remember frequently coming in from work and getting the vacuum out before I’d even taken off my coat, haha. I just couldn’t bear the look of it - our pinky grey carpet disappeared under retriever fur!

2 Likes

Thanks maybe it’s because ours don’t go out into the garden but we do take them out 4 times a day.When we first had them we had a red carpet so it would have been worse.

He was our first one Bramble his name, he was such a character when we were having our dinner at the table he would go around trying to find something to pick up and he would go under the table and we wouldn’t be able to get him out.

6 Likes

My sister has an adorable Golden, this is her as a puppy,

and now

7 Likes

She’s adorable she looks like bramble when he was a puppy @Maver-rik got any more of her if so put them on here please. Also anyone else.

1 Like

Our second one was Logan, he was a soppy dog and followed me every where and so easy to train, he went up 16 which is good for a Goldie.

6 Likes

Logan I’m in love with all your dogs, both past and present. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:
For me, there’s just no other breed.

I wish I could have another one, but it’s too small here plus I couldn’t afford vet’s fees. :worried:
Thank goodness for yours (as well as ‘our’ Phoebe) that I can enjoy.

1 Like

Some lovely pictures on here. I don’t have a dog myself but as I said in an earlier post I prefer bigger dogs like those. They seem to be more loyal and attentive.

1 Like

Thank you @Pesta and sorry about your situation but it’s good that you have Phoebe

1 Like

Thank you @scot37 and it’s a shame that you can’t have one.

I always felt I did not have the commitment to look after a dog properly and repay their loyalty.

1 Like

That’s a shame but maybe some day you will be able to.

This was Moss, he was such a beautiful dog but smaller than the others, he came from a litter of 13 and were all small.

When he was 5 he had a tumour in his lower jaw bone at the front and had to have that part of the jaw removed but went on to 13.

7 Likes

Just a few of Phoebe :smiley:

8 Likes

Oh she’s adorable, I think all Goldies are lovely.

They always make me gooey just looking at them Logan. Such beautiful dogs in every single way, and so gentle.

I once saw an article in one of the online papers (in the last few months) of how a Goldie turned violent towards someone. I was gobsmacked. I didn’t read the article as I get iffy reading about anything not nice about any animals. So, I don’t know what the full story was about.

1 Like

This was my gorgeous Abi. :grin: I loved her to bits.
She used to love playing with wrapping paper.
I’ve not too many of her on her own and don’t want to post pics of her with family etc.

3 Likes

She’s adorable pesta and her coat looks amazing and shiny.

1 Like

@Pesta what a lovely happy Phoebe

2 Likes

Yes that’s unusual about that, unless he or she had been mistreated.