Pictures of my golden retrievers

Here’s barley and Berry waiting for their chips.i put them in the oven but they’re not hot

12 Likes

Barley is on the left, they have a new toy Mr hedgehog

8 Likes

Just before last Christmas barley broke one of his claws right off up at the top, so I put a sock on his leg to stop it from rubbing on the carpet.

5 Likes

Barley waiting for some turkey, I’d been slicing it up and they both had a little bit. They would never take it because they always have a bit.

6 Likes

They seem to spend a lot of time in the kitchen:)

2 Likes

Logan, I adore golden retrievers. I had one many years ago, until she had to be put down with cancer of the spine.
My daughter’s got a one now and I’ve zillions of photos and hilarious videos - TBH when I feel a tad low I watch the videos and they always lift my mood - hilarious!

Here’s just one of the latest of hers - Phoebe… :rofl:

8 Likes

Lovely dogs Logan. I prefer the bigger dogs.

3 Likes

Lovely dogs Logan :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you pesta they’re the most loving breed.

Thank you @scot37 and @Mags yes I like the bigger breeds.

Yes that’s where the food is :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Berry in his bed waiting for me to cook our dinner so they can go for their walk and come back to have theirs.

5 Likes

Barley and Berry on settee, I always have washable covers on for them.

8 Likes

This is our late bracken with berry when he was a puppy.

8 Likes

Gorgeous dogs @logan1. Seeing these makes me just want to go out and buy another goldie. We had two, Bella and Sadie. Not at the same time, Bella came first and Sadie followed after Bella’s very short life (only 4 years :cry:). But that was years ago, and we’ve not had a dog since we lost Sadie in 2001.

1 Like

Thank you and I’m sorry that you lost yours at such a early age. We’ve been very lucky and they’ve gone on from 13 years and one to 16 years. At the moment the price of them have gone up to £3000. Due to the pandemic but hopefully they will come down. Berry was just over £1000 and that’s going back 7 years. We will get another when it does and i hope that you will do so as well. We had 5 at one stage but hubby was working then and now he’s semi retired.
At the back from right to left is bramble,Logan and Moss, in front from left to right is Willow and bracken.

12 Likes

Gosh that is such a beautiful photo of them all @logan1, and such lovely names too! But, 5 Golden Retrievers :flushed: - your vacuum cleaner must have been on constantly, haha!!

2 Likes

Lovely to be seeing your Photos again @logan1
It is hard when you loose them for sure. Once you manage to move on from the grief, it is the Photos that you can go back to with the good memories.
I had no idea how expensive the Dogs could be…

1 Like

Thank you Bathsheba and no they don’t shed a lot of hair really, I used to vac about 3 times a week. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Dianne and yes it’s hard when they pass away and the way that they go is very upsetting, but having the others seem to help a little. Yes the price has gone up every time we had one, but the first 5 they were only a year apart so there wasn’t much difference It was nice seeing them altogether like that. I did the training and we both would take them twice a week, 2 on a Monday and the other 3 on a Thursday. Even though they knew what to do we carried on doing it and I got them to do a lot, but the trainer stopped doing the classes because he had his own job as well and it was getting too much for him to travel on the M5 motorway when there was a lot of road works on it.We would get free lessons because hubby would do some computer work for the trainer’s business. :heart_eyes:

1 Like