Pet Owner Receives Mixed Reactions After Revealing Why She Dyes Her Dogs Fur Bright Red

n a series of videos titled: “Reasons why I dye my dog red,” the TikToker shared the thought process behind the animal’s unnatural colouring, with Chloe explaining in the first video, posted in November, that she colours her dog for numerous reasons, with the first being that “he looks so adorable in red”.

According to Chloe, she also colours her dog’s fur as a deterrent to potential pet thiefs, as she claimed it is “to keep him from being stolen” as he is a “rare breed” in her area.

The third reason Chloe gave her followers had to do with the enjoyment she gets out of the process, with the TikToker claiming that it is “so fun” to dye the dog and that Dandy, who is featured lounging on the grass throughout the video, “really enjoys the extra rubs during the process”.

• That dog needs a new owner, in my opinion! :angry:
1 Like

I couldn’t for some reason watch that video…as long as it doesn’t harm the dogs in anyway, then she can dye them what ever colour she likes.

I wonder if the more subscribers she gets the more money she can earn,maybe another reason as of to why?..:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

She says she uses animal friendly dye, and yes she probably does get more money for the views.

If she likes attention and click per view, there are “other sites” she can use for that.

Using her dog in this way just really bothers me. :woman_shrugging:

I agree, it bothers me too PixieKnuckles - she is using her dog as some sort of publicity stunt and probably a way of making money from her ‘followers’.

3 Likes

I wonder if she copied this and is capitalising from it…the movie was out this year and proved popular amongst young children (who, incidentally also use Tik Tok)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_the_Big_Red_Dog

Can I ask why it bothers you Pixie? Not being contentious genuinely interested, …

Imo, she is definitely bringing her dogs to the forefront of attention, sounds like she could also be looking for a commercial deal on tv?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised at that Pixie - some folks are so easily led by what they see on TV and in films, as in this case, they see a money-making opportunity then off they go. It just upsets me that someone would use an animal in this way.

1 Like

Yes, ask away… :smiley: It bothers me, because I feel like she is using her dog for financial gain. Exploiting and abusing it. Now I know the dye isn’t harmful, but…it just feels so very wrong. Dogs (or any pets) deserve respect…and I know you said earlier that its her dog and she can do what she likes, and I understand that. I also don’t have to watch her videos, and she doesn’t live near me, so why should I be bothered? I suppose, being a dog owner…I love my dog and wouldn’t want to feel like I was using her as a tool for my own gain. That’s what this woman is doing…her dog isn’t a pet, its a tool.

2 Likes

I can see your point of view quite clearly.

Unfortunately not everyone thinks like that, …she is thinking £££££££ and opportunity,a business brain…I don’t think like that either ,no way would I dye Jacks hair…I wouldn’t say it’s wrong…but I can see you are looking at it from an emotional point of view maybe ?

1 Like

Yes, its definitely an emotional point of view, Pauline. I just think if she wanted to create videos, she should do it on her own merit, and not “use” her pets to do it for her.

I do understand your own view though, whereby its a business opportunity and could bring in money - and I’m all for having a business brain, of course. I just don’t think you should exploit animals to do it. :thinking:

1 Like

Some people also see a business opportunity ,so wouldn’t look at it like that, they just see £££££…imo of course.

What utter rubbish.

Can you elaborate on why you think it’s utter rubbish?..that would be a start,then we could discuss it from there? :slightly_smiling_face:

Where as it doesn’t bother me, as long as the animals aren’t harmed in the process, each to their own I guess…hence the reactions she got…some for some against.

1 Like

I’m sure they do Pauline, but it doesn’t make it any more palatable to me.

1 Like

No, don’t like it, lots of reasons.

No research has been done into the long term effects of these “safe” dyes and anyway it’s possible to have an allergy to vegan products but she was prepared to chance it

She’s made a naturally beautiful animal look like a freak

It must be tedious and boring for him to have to sit and have that done, even if she claims he likes it

It will make his fur smell different which might prompt a reaction from other dogs

He will get a lot more attention from strangers, pointing, laughing, petting. Maybe he enjoys it, but constantly? And it’s encouraging owners of shyer dogs to do the same

It’s treating him like a thing and a possession rather than a living creature, and possibly exploiting him for cash

Obviously it’s her dog and she can do what she wants as long as it doesn’t involve cruelty or harm but I still don’t like it

Interesting point, dogs can’t see the colour red so at least his mates won’t be laughing at him

4 Likes

Yes I agree about the smelling different, Maree…and also about encouraging others to try the same with their dogs. You know what these Tik Tok crazes are like.

I think she mentioned he gets a lot of attention, and enjoys it…(or maybe its her who craves the attention really). I’d hate for him to be in a grumpy mood one hot summers day and snap at some little kid who came to see him :frowning:

1 Like

Her choice I suppose. But I can’t imagine Max without his very smart Tux!

3 Likes

Exactly! Dogs are beautiful in their own right! Max looks adorable, Besoeker…:hugs:

I didn’t know that, Maree. Cat’s can.

1 Like