Peanut Butter - didn"t realise I liked it so much

As a smoker it’s a tad late for me to worry about that.

I see, from google, it’s the palm oil that’s considered dodgy.
Well you live and learn.

Since Christmas, l have had a ‘funny’ tummy and digestive trouble. I noticed it was worse after l ate salted peanuts and monkey nuts!
When my children used to leave jars of peanut butter uneaten, l would make biscuit cookies with it. Not brilliant but it used it up!

Peanut butter makes a tasty snack spread along the Centre of a stick of celery
I prefer the crunchy type

I’ve never heard of keeping peanut butter in the refrigerator.

:confused:

We go through lots of peanut butter in our house. My son and his dad go through it like… well, an elephant goes through peanuts.

I don’t eat that much peanut butter, but I love PB with apple slices and especially a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Or peanut butter and honey.

It’s also great for making a quick Pad Thai at home.

Ditto.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about peanut butter and celery sticks. One of my favorite snacks.

Carcinogenics … hallucinogenics … nothings off the menu now. :lol:

That’s for sure!

My Son loves peanut butter, I can take or leave it, bit like marmite really.

I buy only the crunchy kind, about two 18 oz containers a month. Often I spoon gobs of it onto Fig Bars or Snack Crackers while swilling a beer in the evening and watching Star Trek reruns. Can life get better?

Peanut Butter?
Every night on toast for supper…Marvellous!:023::023::023:

I’m not surprised.:blush:

That said, any peanut paste product is going to be a no-no for anyone watching their weight.
I presume that in Pommie-land they have these little guides on the label which tell you the number of calories or kilojoules in any given quantity.
With any processed peanut stuff, it is enormous.

And, I’m no picky health-food ‘nut’ but many of the additives are bloody frightening.

One local shop here has a machine into which one can pour raw, unprocessed, no-additve nuts in one end, hold a container under the other and hey-presto … pure peanut-paste with no ‘extras’.

But even that is not for the weight-conscious.

I love it, myself.

There’s always powdered peanut butter. It doesn’t taste quite the same as regular peanut butter, but for those watching calories, it works. It’s not bad at all on toast. It’s only about 45 calories for 2 tablespoons whereas regular peanut butter, for 2 tablespoons, is nearly 200.

Peanut butter is an excellent source (> 19% of the Daily Value, DV) of protein, dietary fiber, vitamin E, pantothenic acid, niacin and vitamin B6 (table, USDA National Nutrient Database).[17][18] Also high in content are the dietary minerals manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and copper (table).[17][18] Peanut butter is a good source (10–19% DV) of thiamin, iron and potassium (table).[17][18]
Both crunchy/chunky and smooth peanut butter are sources of saturated (primarily palmitic acid) and unsaturated fats (primarily oleic and linoleic acids).[18]

Peanut Butter is so good good for you…Just copy and paste it on to a slice of toast today…Yum Yum…

I agree, it is healthy.

I know I’m digressing here, but it’s like iceberg lettuce that’s gotten such a bad rap…

“Don’t eat iceberg lettuce, it’s one of the most nutritionally devoid vegetables out there.”

That’s not necessarily true.

With its benefit of being extremely low in calories - and obviously no fat - iceberg lettuce does actually have nutritional value…

Per 100 grams, iceberg lettuce contains:

1.2 grams of fibre (okay, not a lot, but it’s there and more than some breads!)
18 mg of calcium
141 mg potassium
502 IU of Vitamin A
2.8 mg Vitamin C
And is also a good source of Vitamin K.

Yes, there are other leaf lettuces out there with more nutritional value - like romaine - but iceberg isn’t useless when it comes to providing some vitamins and minerals.

Grass is good too. It’s full of roughage.

My cat eats it a lot.

So do my dogs, LOL

Peanut Butter gimme gimme , but can anyone who is from America or maybe they know . What’s with the Peanut Butter and Jelly ?

We ask the same question about marmite :lol:

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are an American tradition, especially among kids. They love their PB&J’s.

I like jelly with peanut butter once in a while, but I prefer it on its own or with honey and/or banana slices.

Another favorite is called the Fluffernutter. Essentially, it’s peanut butter and marshmallow creme. Some eat it on soft bread and some people like to grill it. Delicious.

https://70c97aaea282a207d81b-f84eee09323602e80e90b9678fa5fc9b.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fluffernutter-portrait-2-492x650.jpg