Pauline’s Home Cooked Food

I will be posting pictures of my home cooked food here.

If anyone wants to know how to cook these foods, let me know and I will go through the prep and the cooking process with you. step by step.

Not all of my home cooked foods are healthy, I mainly cook for my son.

6 Likes

Not all of my home cooked foods are healthy,

Does he know?

2 Likes

Bring them on! As you know my wife likes to cook so that could work out.

1 Like

These are very simple dishes to cook.
Homemade.
Halloumi fries.with a sweet and sour dip.

Beer battered cod deep fried and triple fried chips.

2 Likes

@pauline3 - looks really good, Pauline, though I must admit I would put the chips on the plate with the fish - don’t really like those little baskets.

Will definitely try the Halloumi fries - will you share the dip recipe?

3 Likes

ST…sorry I was in a rush, so the sweet dip was shop bought.

I usually make my own, so when I get around to it, I will make another, see what you think, then if you like what you see, I will post the recipe for you,:+1:

The Houlloumi fries are absolutely delicious…I don’t eat them very often, but have been known to eat the odd one or two…

1 Like

Cooking stuff that you don’t eat yourself? Come on, be brave! :grinning:

2 Likes

This is butternut squash, red pepper and onion soup.

Easy to do…cooked from scratch.

Delicious with cheese scones!

2 Likes

I’ve got a good mind to report this thread @pauline3 - - - for cruelty to hungry visitors to the forum!
:rofl:
As if showing photographs of what looks like some really good, tasty food isn’t enough you then had to mention cheese scones.
It’s torture I tell you, and especially when I’m at that in-between meals time of day.
That said it does all look and sound very good.
:023:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

Pauline you are such a busy bee. I don’t know if I could even keep up with you. :flushed: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What’s worse is that I live in the US where getting a good scone isn’t easy at all. It’s more of a specialty thing here. Harumph.

You’ll have to send me some via computer, pauline. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are only made with flour, butter, cheese and milk, the secret is, work them very little when shaping them, I never roll them out, I shape then use the cutter, I have orders for my scones from friends…Christmas is my busy time…I’ll post some pics soon of the next batch I cook…what a shame, I could send you some.

2 Likes

Hope you declare your earnings to the tax man

1 Like

What earnings?

My scones are a gift to my friends, I don’t charge money for them.

1 Like

Easy battered sweet and sour chicken ,with rice ,onion and prawns.

2 Likes

Ooh I absolutely love sweet and sour, and that looks blinkin’ lovely!
:023:
The only trouble is that since my op I never know whether what’s left of my digestive system will cope with it or not because sometimes it will, and sometimes it won’t.
That looks so good that I want to try it though.

1 Like

All that prep and cooking…gone in about 5 mins.:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

2 Likes

Bring the Mrs,:joy:…Zaphod, my son should have eaten this last night, unfortunately road works prevented him from arriving, so he had to drive home…

I don’t usually eat this type of food, I ate it all, my stomach is so full up…I won’t be able to eat more today…

2 Likes

Mrs Zaphod loves sweet & sour too but please may I have her prawns?

I did HM ragu & meatballs with pasta on Wednesday and said just the same thing about all the prep & cooking for it to be gone in moments.
But it’s worth it, because nothing else tastes the same.
:yum:

2 Likes