Parking On The Pavement

Hi

In a few years time the pavements are going to be covered by cables charging cars.

2 Likes

Then there’s that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Pavement for us means sidewalk .
Our streets are old and narrow there is no room to park .
It’s a increasing problem there simply is no where to park any more .
Worse cars are becoming ever wider and bigger .

3 Likes

This is the parking that really bugs me. There is plenty of room on the road to park or they could park further into their driveway, it is so rude in my opinion.

2 Likes

We get that type of parking here as well, usually because there is a whole line of cars in the driveway ,not enough room on their driveway, which should only accommodate 2 cars anyway.

If that happened in my location, there would be copious key-scrapes right along its hind quarters within minutes and quite right too🤬

1 Like

That is a prime example of a car which is asking to be towed away. Look at that poor old chap (it’s me incidentally - no it isn’t; I don’t use a walking stick and I’m not bald!)
That particularly selfish driver has said to everyone else, “I don’t give a toss if you have to walk on the road and risk getting knocked down, I’m alright Jack.”
The trouble is that we don’t seem to see cars being towed away any more. Not even a parking ticket most of the time. If I were that old chap I’d make sure I give it a good old scrape as I was passing.

2 Likes

Well I suppose the driver has at least had the decency to put a warning up for any approaching pedestrians - look at the number plate.

I saw a car the other day that had been wheel clamped by DVLA, with a big yellow envelope tucked under the windscreen wipers, labelled ‘non payment of VED’ or words to that effect. This was on a busy road, where parents go to collect primary school children, so the driver would have had a job to live that one down!

1 Like

Yes, but non-payment of taxes - that’s a good example of how money talks!

1 Like

They can only clamp you if your car is on the highway, private property,they can’t do a thing, if your car is untaxed.

Precisely! That is a prime example.

Yes of course Pauline. The car that I saw was on the road.

I noticed that Number Plate - but I read it as BANGER :wink:
Looking at it again, I see it could read DANGER

1 Like

I’ve zoomed in on it and, yes you’re right, it seems to say ‘danger’. There seems to be a rivet cover in the middle of the D.

1 Like

I immediately read it as DANGER, but it did occur to me that it looked a little like BANGER too. But then I thought, honestly who would want the word BANGER on their car? :rofl:

1 Like

I thought it said Banger too.

Just as a matter of interest what is VED?

Vehicle Excise Duty. ‘Car tax’.
One thing we’re good at in this country is making up taxes!

Thanks, I presume that is the same as rego here (Registration) When I lived in the UK it was £25 for any car (less for motorbike or three wheeler).

I join Danny in noting that sidewalk parking is rarely an issue here.

However, parking on lawns or grass heats up from time-to-time:

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 6.07.17 PM