Panasonic G9 - going four thirds

Digital Zoom is, of course, the same as cropping. So you’ll get exactly the same result by loading the second pic (above) on your computer, cutting a square out the middle, deleting the rest, and that square will automatically fill your screen. I prefer that method.

Anyway M43 is impressive, isn’t it?

1 Like

I didn’t realise that d00d, I always take photos in as high a definition as my camera will allow and crop them down later. I always resize them to about one Meg for storage.

Taken at 4.5 Mb and cropped down to 1.2

Don’t you mean resized? Cropping is doing this:

:astonished:

Yes and no d00d. When I crop a photo it automatically reduces the amount of pixels and memory required. If I haven’t cropped it enough, or not at all, then I have to resize it to bring it down to 1Mb…Does that make sense?
Did you notice there was a face on my left knee…? Very strange… :thinking:

1 Like

Very strange. :astonished:

1 Like

Perhaps it’s just me but there’s a face on your right knee too Foxy.
There’s something vaguely Hieronymus Bosch about it! :open_mouth:

th-3705414934

1 Like

I did actually Chilli, but I didn’t think that d00d could take two coincidences in one day… :nerd_face:
I like the picture, I’m going to look that guy up… :open_mouth:

Later…

Some very good artwork there Chilli, it looks like a bit of a religious nature…

https://sammlung.staedelmuseum.de/en/search?q=bosch&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw88yxBhBWEiwA7cm6pQEZX-lAMrt1doDThC6W1BWZuycqm1rv2UBeYYv9k05gbHEOlWQYpxoCFRsQAvD_BwE

1 Like

That’s better

2 Likes

Wot! No legs? Bloody hell d00d, I haven’t got much going for me, why edit my best bits?
:open_mouth:
:sunglasses:

Some things are best left to the imagination.

:astonished:

1 Like

Well at last it has arrived.virtually impossible to get in the uk or at least I have not found one other anywhere than from China

so what is so differentyou may ask and what is it for. first of all the panasonic G9 remote wireless shutter release is not that common . Not so much the transmitter/receiver but the link cable from receiver to the camera.

it needs a 2.5mm cable with a 3 pole on one end and a 4 pole on the other. The 4 pole end goes into the camera which is strange to say he least. So this is a spare one I ordered

Everyone else uses the free phone app.

LUMIX Sync App - Panasonic.

dood
But what a pain in the arse it is using a mobile phone (which can also take pictures) to trigger a Panasonic G9 camera. There is no way one could take a discreet photo holding up a moble phone let alone being triggered from 100 mtrs away, so as not to scare the animal/insect etc
Far better using something like this even triggering while transmitter still in your pocket

now lets consider cost, the above unit cost £32 with no recurring monthly fees.
A mobile phone £700/800+? to buy plus say £25 a month rough guess obviously

I know which i would choose, and what about if auntie flo want a long chat with you just as your about to take a photo?
thanks but no thanks we all have our own way of doing things

But you can’t make phone calls with that

Why not?

The four conductor 3.5 mm male plug is commonly used in phones for accessories like headphones.
The three conductor 3.5 mm male plug is mainly used in standard audio equipment, it would be possible to use the lead to make phonecalls by attaching a standard stereo microphone.

So just like the doctor said when he gave me some cream for an itchy bum…I hope that clears it up…
:nerd_face:

this is a 2.5mm not 3.5mm OGF. and as I said not easy to find with 3 pole to 4 pole ends

1 Like

I apologise realspeed, they look like 3.5mm to me…I didn’t think they did a four conductor plug at 2.5mm…
Micrometer

yes they do as per photo but believe me it took some finding, Panasonic didn’t make it easy with this camera

1 Like

My Canon G16 used those 2.5mm plugs for its remote control I just went to an electronics shop bought the plugs and a couple of switches and made my own lead. Dead easy, still got it some where

I think the reason for the different ends is that the focus is controlled separately to the shutter (at least that is how it works on the Canon)