Painters And Decorators Deserve A Medal!

Primus, :slight_smile: l am really pleased you are enjoying your new job.
The very thought of stripping walls and preparing the walls, fills me with dread.
All l did was brush the spiderā€™s webs off the walls and painted.
Thatā€™s enough!

Oh yeahā€¦the dreaded perparation before you can lift a brush or rollerā€¦
The stripping, cleaning, filling, sanding, more filling and more sandingā€¦ and more cleaningā€¦
We renovated houses for a few years and I was chief stripper :wink: and decorator. I never liked using a roller, always got covered in paint freckles and also I found it used up a lot more paint than a brush. BTW, If you havenā€™t finished using the roller but have had enough for the day, just cover it in clingfilm, it will be fine to use again even after several days :023:

Loving all the banter in this thread :lol: Emusional! :lol:

Top tip,
Slightly dampen your roller before painting, helps to even out the paint,

Painters And Decorators Deserve A Medal!

Decorators are very modest people Arty, if they were awarded a medal they would wear it ā€˜Under coatā€™ā€¦

Good tip from Primusā€¦
When Iā€™m rolling emulsion I just add a little water into the tray with the paint and mix it in. Only a little bit though (half a cup full) the paint goes on easier and goes furtherā€¦Some of the non drip paints are a bit too thick for rolling without the water.

Oh Glanny, :slight_smile: l wish l had seen your post before I washed the roller. It took me ages and gallons of water to get the paint out of it!

Primus, :slight_smile: With hindsight, l wish l had added some water.

Foxy, :slight_smile: ā€˜Undercoatā€™ ā€¦very apt!
As l said to Primus, l wish l had added some water as the paint was very thick. Being a novice, l didnā€™t dare in case it made it too slobbery and it dripped.

Trial and error Arty, itā€™s how most of us learnā€¦Weā€™ll make a painter out of you yetā€¦:smiley:

I have a slight advantage, my dad was a painter and decorator,

Foxy, l thought as l was painting, yesterday, there must be more to life than moving your arm up and down at speed!
I found it hard work!
It really could do with another coat and the opposite wall needs painting too.
I find with jobs like that, l tend to put them off and do other jobs instead! Like today, l did lots in the garden instead!

Primus, You must have been born with the gene, then! :lol:

Actually art my dad was very talented, he once drew out a beautiful mural on our lounge wall, but something must have gone wrong as he just painted over it, my son is also a very good artist, ( he also has a degree in graphic design) , I can draw a little bit, but it must have skipped over me,

I threw my roller out the window when I got emulsion on my newly gloss painted woodwork. I didnā€™t need telling that I needed to learn to control Distemper.

:081::081::081:

Oh I enjoy painting but only small walls no big jobs . I even enjoy cutting in ! I did 2 walls in the kitchen in soft grey recently but I had to kneel on the work top at times and that was a killer then climb down onto a stool which was stretchy .

Kitchen looks nice though .

But painting is more fun with a friend to chat to

I used to paint my wife in the nude
ā€¦I kept my socks on thoughā€¦I had to keep my brushes somewhereā€¦:lol:

Susan, You enjoy painting? I suppose, whatever floats your boat! :lol: I donā€™t mind papering.

I found the worst bit was getting off the stool as thereā€™s nowhere to hang on to! Putting your hand on the painted wall to balance yourself, isnā€™t really a good idea! :slight_smile:

Yes, me too Primus, would you like a copyā€¦:lol:

Already have one foxyā€¦:lol:

:037: