Painters And Decorators Deserve A Medal!

Although, l got the paint and roller out the other week, they just lay there redundant until l psyched myself up to use them. Today, was the day!

Why oh Why did l bother! Painting is a thankless task!
How much pressure should you put on the roller? Why was it still looking patchy? Why did it look textured? Then l realised l was probably pressing too hard and the fluff was coming off the roller!

I had put down old curtains and towels on the carpet. I got the footstool all ready for the high bits and proceeded to roll. Should l be gentle or press harder with the roller?

Starting to regret having started, l got off the stool to load the roller for the last time but l tripped over the curtain and went flying towards the tray of paint. A swift movement avoided disaster!

Persuading myself, l should not give up. I filled the tray again and did a bit more. It ain’t great but it will do!

So Painters and Decorators everywhere, l applaud you. You’re doing a sterling job for mankind!

1 Like

No video? :cry:

:wink:

Don’t! I have had a bad day. :lol:

Oh dear, are you emulsional? :cry:

I loved painting and decorating but had to stop because my hand started shaking so much I couldn’t hold a brush steady enough for cutting in.

… :lol:

Actually, l have just had a look at it. Now it’s dry, it doesn’t look too bad at all!

I am now singing to myself…’You’re just too good to be true. Can’t take my eyes off of you. You’re like heaven to touch… etc etc… :lol::lol:

It always looks a bit patchy to start with because the roller strokes start to dry at different rates and it usually dries more opaque than it looks first of all. I have had many rants about how crap the paint is, only to find that it looks fine when dry.

Well done!

I am well and truly going to give you the brush off in future. You are supposed to give me support in my very emotional task! :lol:

Omah, What are you laughing at, you rotter. It’s not funny, l have been traumatised! :lol::lol::lol:

Longy, Thank You, l used Johnstone’s paint which is supposed to be good.
You won’t like the colour though as you once said in a thread, that it’s boring!
Magnolia! :lol:

Johnstone’s is good. I used to use it quite a lot except they never really had a good range of colours… just magnolia. :cry:

:lol:

Percy, No one in their right mind can love painting and decorating…Can they?

I am sorry, you can no longer do the thing, you loved doing. :slight_smile:

I was laughing not so much at you but at the turn of phrase to describe your condition … :smiley:

:slight_smile: Yes, l know you were. I suppose it was very appropriate from our resident blackguard! :lol::lol:

i don’t mind painting…I know…weird. Its the preparation I hate

It’s the preparation … and the cleaning after that I hate … :!:

you can get long handled rollers
link

far better than me having to come and look after you while your recovering from a fall in bed.

On second thoughts scrub that idea, just call

summer, What preparation?
I brushed the walls and removed pictures and a mirror. Is that what you mean by preparation? :lol:

Omah, l agree about the cleaning after…which reminds me, the tray and the roller brush are still outside filled with water!
I must go and sort them. :lol: