Paid to be a Gull Yeller?

I love it when I learn about something completely new I’d never heard of, especially local stuff

It seems there used to be people paid to be “Gull Yellers” and shout at the gulls to protect the fishing nets staked out around a local island.

There was a famous gull yeller called Edmund Harse who was supposed to be able to shout load enough they could hear him on Congresbury Bridge, that’s 8 miles!

This is a picture painted in 1859 by artist C.Collis showing the Gull Yellers hut

2 Likes

yes interesting jobs no longer used … never heard of that one

1 Like

Sometimes I think we need a gull culler. Noisy scavengers . :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I shout at the clouds but I am a grumpy old man, so it is expected of me.

1 Like

I think you’re missing a dosh making opportunity there. Think about things people would pay you to shout at to keep them away. E-scooters, hippies, Hari Krishna, aunties, pooping dogs, there’s money to be made, gotta pay that gas bill somehow :rofl:

Any chance you can come and shout at the clouds over my house vlad this constant rain is giving me the right hump. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What a brill idea! :grinning: wanna job has my business manager?

1 Like

Hi Tez I have referred you to our home visit department who will be in touch :grinning:

1 Like

Cheers vlad. I feel better already. :+1:

1 Like

I reckon there are a lot more gulls now, plus they have grown in confidence, I doubt they would take any notice of my yelling at them.:joy:

Interesting read though.

Yes please, I think we’re onto something here…….:rofl:

It’s all part of the service we offer Tezz Our business manager Maree will be sending you an invoice for this online consultation Thank you for using the Vlad Shout@Clouds service.

1 Like

Indeed we have already helped one customer, send him a bill :grinning:

Is that a subsidiary of Vlad Head inTheClouds ?

Yes indeed, they are the service that deals in Weather Modification a part of Vlad Enterprise Inc, (An Equal Opportunity Employer) Affiliated.

1 Like

Good.I don’t like our latest weather so I want someone to change it.As long as the fees aren’t astronomical.

Boom boom! I like the response, would you like to head up our new marketing department?

Uber me the key to the board room drinks cabinet and I’m your man.

You’ll have to nip round to my bank and have a shout at the manager @vlad. He hates parting with my money. :pound:

1 Like

Sorted and enroute, welcome to the team

1 Like