Own Brand Ready Salted Potato Crisps X 6

I stopped buying M&S crisps years ago because the pack of beef & onion I bought were made in Denmark!

Since my operation I can’t tolerate crisps any more … or crisps can’t tolerate me, depending upon your POV.
:blush:

What’s wrong with crinkle crisps?

They tend to be a bit greasier. Usually thicker cut.

Thank you, Annie, I had not realized that.:-D:-D

Kazz, Thank You for that, I might try making some today.

ST, l don’t like the texture.

As Annie says, they are too thick. I would prefer thin plain cut.

Well this is my first and second attempt at making the crisps, Kazz kindly posted the method.

The first lot stuck to the plate a bit even though l oiled it. Might have been because l didn’t swish them in a bag of oil. I just coated them.
My second attempt, l did put them in the bag of oil. I don’t like the spray oil, it smells of petrol to me!
They did shrink a lot but l have to say, they aren’t bad if you’re stuck for crisps! They were a bit hard in texture to eat.

I had to microwave them for about 7 minutes as they weren’t going brown.
I don’t think l will be introducing ‘Artangel Crisps’ in the very near future!! :lol:

The first lot l did are on the smaller darker plate…

Smith’s are nice l think Arty!

Donkeyman!

I always buy Seabrook sea salted Crinkle Cut
Sainsburys sell them ,got some today .6 pack £1 .
My second choice would be Kettle plain , I never eat flavoured crisps , but the price is ridiculous!
M&S do good enough single bags but they work out expensive too.
I would never buy own brand,probably because I think they wouldn’t use best quality potatoes though I might be wrong .

Zuleika, It was M&S crisps x 6 that l found to be the worst of own brands!

I rarely eat flavoured crisps as they leave me feeling l have eaten additives and l get a feeling of an allergic reaction. It’s hard to describe.

Yes, they are, Donkeyman but l have only seen them with the little blue sachet of salt.

It’s quite a while since I had M&S so they might have worsened . Additives ? Yes I agree with your theory MSG used to be the culprit ,have manufacturers stopped using it or got round it by renaming it?
I’m fussy on what I put into my body so have been a label reader for years and have to do without many things I like .

There are things I’d like to try that include things I’m not familiar with …Chives for instance . What exactly are they?

Chives - a herb with a mild onion taste. Can be eaten raw or used in cooking. They are delicious when added to scrambled eggs!

I always have a pot of them on my kitchen window sill but they can be grown out doors as well and have a pretty flower.

Oh that’s a pretty flower, Tabby! I do like chives, and have them with Tuna & light mayo as a filling for baked potatoes.

They do Plain( and boring) as well as Crinkle and Crinkle are nicer because the salt gets into the crinkles .

Thanks ST. I would have guessed part of the Onion family.

Zuleika, l have looked again today and honestly every supermarket that stocks Seabrooks, only stocks Crinkle crisps.
I nearly bought some to try but l decided against it.

Instead, l bought Tesco plain crisps and Tesco’s salt in the bag crisps as mentioned by Bathsheba.

Oh that’s a shame, Zaphod, or don’t you mind doing with out crisps?
I suppose your figure is better for it?!! :slight_smile:

tescos are ok but they used to be contaminated with gluten.

Zuleika, l really thought you were joking about ‘chives’!
I always had you down as ‘a woman of the world’!! :slight_smile:

I love chives, especially chopped up finely in egg sandwiches.
I have got a packet of garlic chives seeds that l must plant soon. I asked for them as part of my Christmas presents!