Over 50's Club Scotland

Oh God Jess, I’m so glad you only got bruised and nothing broken. I know only too well what a fall can do to you. :woozy_face:
It’s cold here as well I didn’t go to the pool this morning as it was icy underfoot. Just did a catch up around here.
Had a letter from Ninewells they sent me an appointment for next month, to get a brittle bone scan. It’s because of the damage I did to myself when I fell Sooooooo will be heading to Perth at the end of the month for a while.
Had

Hi Rox, I’m now starting to feel a few aches and pains in my arms and shoulders. I’ve got paracetomol and I’ve had one. Under strict instructions from my niece to take them with my meals and stay home for the next few days. So I’m lying on the couch with my pillows and a throw.

It’s the fright you get, it takes a lot out of you. Hope you feel better quickly.

Good morning, raining here at the moment. I agree Rox its the fright you get when you fall and stupid at the same time. Shoulder and knee now sore at the moment, I’ve already took a paracetamol. Waiting for one of my nieces to drop in and another two have asked if I need anything. Nice to that they are there if I need them. Tried to phone for a doctors appointment but cant get through.

Morning, Snows gone and now we have rain…Sheeeeze. Our Doctor have now got rid of the 8am phone rush and you can call anytime before 4pm, makes life so much easier but you still only get a phone appointment unless the Doctor tells you to come in and then he/she will tell you when.
Been to the pool as I missed yesterday and took The Hairy One to the forest hoping for a wee bit of shelter from the rain. HAH, not enough leaves on the trees for that, home for the day now, good your nieces to be looking after you.

Rox when I made the appointment she told me I could phone and make one as they keep some for morning calls. I’d like to see the doctor before next week. Glad you managed to get to the pool today as I know you don’t like missing it. Trees are the same here no leaves but you can see some buds on them.

1 Like

Morning Suns out and what a difference to how it makes me feel. Had a wander along the beach with The Hairy One earlier, found a sun drenched wee sheltered corner so sat on a rock for a while and just soaked up the feel of the sun on my face and the sound of the waves in my ears…Wonderful.
Helping with The Clydes after lunch, mucking out and grooming.

Afternoon managed to get an appointment with the small wounds unit, going there later this afternoon. Wanted to walk down to the local shops to stretch my legs, but my niece told me to still take it easy. She’ll pick me up and take me.

Evening, Hope your doing OK now. How did you get on at the small wounds unit?
Been a quiet day here nothing much going on, rains on now too.
Just waiting on the dinner to finish cooking then we can eat, afterwards a long hot shower and hair wash, I always plait my hair while it’s wet, it dries nice n wavy then. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good morning. Thanks Rox everythings fine I had this lump on my stomach for quite a while, turned out to be a cyst, the way I fell last week it started to leak. That’s the reason I was going to the doctors, I have a dressing on it and have to keep it dry, still seeing the doctor on Thursday. Miss having my bath. Dry here this morning so might go for a walk later.

Morning, Lovely day here, Sun’s out and the wind’s gentle. If it stays like this we will take the Clyde’s off out to the forest for some exercise.
Glad your doing ok, not long back from the beach with The Hairy One who met a pal to run with, so he’s tired out now and fast asleep on the couch.
I can’t get in n out of the bath now thanks to the balance so it’s showers for me, I get my soaks in the jacuzzi after my swim, so I don’t miss it much.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Morning. Sun is out here at the moment and not sure what to get up today. Went out and tidied up the front garden yesterday while it was dry.Hope you manage to get out later with the Clydes for a good gallop.

Evening, A quiet day here just did what I had to and no more. Getting nervous about The Hairy One’s operation on Wednesday, I hate the thought of him being put under at his age, it’s praying on my mind all the time.

Good morning. Had a quiet day myself yesterday, some food shopping and then housework. Hairdressers this morning then maybe go for lunch later. Sorry to hear that the The Hairy ONe is going in for an op, hope its nothing to serious.

Morning, Trying to rain here this morning got quite damp while out.
Dageus has a lump growing on his eye lid and it has to be removed, vet thinks it’s a tumor but won’t know what’s what with it untill tests are done on it. It worries me a bit as it’s on his eye, but I trust the senior vet who is doing the operation for him.

I hope Dageus’s operation goes well tomorrow Rox.

Thanks Scot. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope all goes well with Dageus’s operation tomorrow, Rox. It must be very worrying for you. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks Mags, Yes I am worried, I feel he’s too old to be put under now, he’s 12 and weighs 6stone 2 lb. That’s an awful lot of anaesthetic for an old dog.

Rox he’ll be ok.