Over 50's Club Scotland

Afternoon …
Hope things aren’t too stressful for Mrs Dex … some of those tests can be a bit scary.
Not a bad day here today but I have my nurses uniform on whilst I chivvy Mr M around. He was poorly in the night and now needs some loving.

1 Like

Mrs Dex came through just fine. She had to have sedation (they didn’t give her a choice), and so she has to spend another night in hospital.

Which means that I have been issued with instructions of what to get her from M&S on my way in to visit her, along with which plastic water bottles to use to decant some wine into. Not really sure that having a tipple after sedation is what the doctor ordered, but I do know that failure to succeed in my task will end up with me needing medical care and sedation myself.

On other matters, have got the new bathroom window cill in place and cemented in. Will put some more mortar in when I get back from mission impossible so it’ll be ready for some toupret filler tomorrow.

Hope your days have been as equally as relaxing as my cat’s.

1 Like

Good news on your lady Dex. :+1:

1 Like

Good morning grey skies here this morning. Rox hope your landscaper gets over the virus and makes a start on your garden. Dex glad to hear your wife came through just fine and enjoyed her tipple. Hairdressers later then get a bottle of wine for later.

Morning, Weather is dry but I don’t think the rains far away. Meeting the girls for lunch and gossip then got a pot of soup to make later when I get back. Apart from that I’ve nothing planned.
Enjoy your day everyone. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you.

Meanwhile, in my way home from visiting Mrs Dex last night, I had a call from the next door neighbour (who my younger cat visits frequently). Seems that he cat in question has hurt his back paw and is making a lot of noise. So, I went round there and calmed him and the family down and carried him home. He’s eating fine, which is a good sign.

But, today, I decided he needs to go to the vet… if only for some pain killers.

So, I have put the car and house on the market, sold the family silver and sent Mrs Dex and Daughter Dex to beg outside Asda in the hope that it’ll bring in sufficient funds to pay for the medical assistance.

Keep safe everyone.

2 Likes

Oh you’ll have to give us an update on that one Saint Francis of Assisi.

Mrs Dex and Daughter Dex might get a better class of charitable giver outside Waitrose … riff raff like myself go to Asda. :blush:

1 Like

Well the update is ….

Cat went missing and wasn’t around to be taken to the vet at 3:30. Nor was he available for the appointment which they shifted to 6pm

So, our assumption (based on walking around the block several times, calling his name) is that he’s probably gone to one of his several mansions to have a nap. No doubt he’ll return at some stage, the rascal that he is.

As for plying passers by for donations, I think you’ll find that those who frequent Waitrose (and I use our glorious leader as an example :grimacing:) may not have long enough arms to reach to their rather deep pockets.

Whereas Asda folk might hand over half a tin of cider, which is better that nowt.

Now you’re talking …wholesome fare.
Cider and ginger nuts and jaffa cakes.
Not together at the same time.

2 Likes

Apples, ginger and oranges. Three of your 5 a day.

Morning Dull n Cloudy here now, it was lovely and sunny when I got up. Sooooo, I bit the bullet and stripped the bed for washing, nearly knackered myself fighting with that duvet cover but I won… Eventually. Bedding is on the ropes but I keep checking the sky. 🫪
Out for dinner tonight as we didn’t go last Saturday.
Enjoy your weekend folks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bright day. Mrs Dex went to a funeral to cheer herself up, but we might go out later somewhere among the living.

No sign of my younger cat, with his poorly paw. Hopefully he’ll turn up soon.

Duvet covers, eh Rox? Do you do the inside out method or the shove in right way round? I prefer the former.

Am reading a short book of some weird American court cases… the McDonald’s hot coffee case … that sort of thing.

There’s always a backstory behind the headlines!

Have a lovely day, each and everyone on here, and indeed everywhere (providing, of course, you’re not ranting at others :slightly_smiling_face::roll_eyes::grimacing::wink::+1:)

I hope poorly paw cat soon returns and all is well …

I’ve been for a flu jab and in view of that feel I ought to pamper myelf… so I shall.
I going to snuggle up with my kindle but I’m into detective stories. Cheap boxed sets. I work my way through them like an addict. I’ve got no class whatsoever. :blush

Oh … and the weather is beautiful.

1 Like

Veronica Heley’s book series are pleasant too Morty. Think a fair few of them might be free on unlimited, but not sure as it’s been a while since I looked.

Her main two series were based in Ealing and Kensington respectively, which made them homely for me as that’s roughly where I was raised and went to school in.

PS - still no sign of the cat :cry::man_shrugging:t2:

Just a thought, years ago when our cat went missing I waited till the evening when traffic had quieted down and walked about the neighborhood calling him, and asking anyone I met, it was quiet at that time and I heard him meowing back to me, he was stuck in a shed. Ask your neighbours to look in theirs for you, and check any sounds in bushes ect.

1 Like

I’ve completed the majority of my steps today’s walking round the local roads, including completing a litter pick which enticed some more folk to warm to my search.

We’re convinced that he has several “homes” as it’s quite a cat area. So he’s most likely holed up somewhere safe for the time being and will return when he’s feeling a bit better. He’s quite nomadic like that.

1 Like

Just had another walk (and litter picked while I did so… my neighbourhood is going to be slick and spam soon :grimacing::rofl::rofl:). It’s deffo a better time for cats to come out and play, but sadly not my little tigger.

That’s about your cat, Dex. Will your neighbours help ?

1 Like

I’ve got a few looking out for him, thanks.

Still early days. He often goes awol for a couple or so days, so we wouldn’t normally worry. It’s just that with a poorly paw, we’re naturally a tad concerned.

Will knock on a few doors tomorrow. Trouble is we have no idea how far his usual stomping ground is.

Well I wish you luck, Dex.

1 Like