Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Rox very pretty looking but cold. Painters finished today, so will have to put things away but wondering if its worth it, carpets being fitted next week.

1 Like

Got my tree finished today! Itā€™s beginning to look a little more like Christmas!

2 Likes

Good morning everybody, another frosty one here. Love your tree Jean, mine is a fibre optic one still in its box till next Friday. Going to try and put some boxes away in cupboards and anywhere else I can put them. Seen furniture I liked in John Lewis and Libby liked it so that will be the next thing Iā€™ll have to do.

1 Like

See the pretty snowflakes
Falling from the sky,
On the wall and housetops
Soft and thick they lie.

On the window ledges,
On the branches bare,
Now how fast they gather,
Filling all the air.

Look into the garden,
Where the grass was green;
Covered by the snowflakes,
Not a blade is seen.

Now the bare black bushes,
All look soft and white,
Every twig is laden -
What a pretty sight!

Morning Allā€¦a white out here and some light snow,
may put My tree up later after I make a good hot curry
for dinner,ā€¦Love Yer tree Jean :grinning:

Keep warm Folks.xx

Hi May its ok looking at it through the window but not going out in it. Lovely poem never heard of it. Got some boxes shoved into cupboards and hoovered, done a washing now sitting relaxing for a little while.

Lovely poem May did you write that yourself. Jess looks like you are getting there. Going to see my Granddaughter in the pantomime in Motherwell Civic. She is one of the wee dancers in it.
Snowing here this morning but now thawed a bit. Once it freezes again think the pavements might be really slippy. I am really scared of icy footpaths. Think it must be an age thing as I remember my Mum being terrified and me being quite cocky and oxtering her about. Wish she was here really still miss her.

I wear ice grips on my boots in the bad weather. They are brilliant and I canā€™t recommend them enough. I got mine on ebay, under a fiver.

I agree,they are brilliant for walking out of doors on ice & snowā€¦but do You have to take them off & on when going in and out of shops/buses etcā€™?..I think Weā€™ve had this conversation before and I decided they were too much bother. :grinning:

Jean Iā€™m sure your granddaughter will steal the show tonight. I hate trying to walk if there is some ice about. Rox I had a pair of those and they lay in the cupboard till I threw them out. May I found them awkward taking them on off all the time.

I donā€™t take them off, never been asked to. I wouldnā€™t anyway. I wear them round Tesco, the village shops, the Chiropractor and Doctor.
Maybe you had a different type to mine, they are studs that are in football boots, I know you get metal and chain ones, they look lethal.
My family all wear them too, it was my pal who introduced me to them in Perth years ago.

Morning, Blimey it was a beezer last night, took ages to get the car sorted before me n The Hairy One could go for our walk. The car windscreen was all fern patterns. :cold_face:
Not a day for being outside if you donā€™t need to so Iā€™m cooking for the freezer, ironing, and general tidy up today. Himself is working in the stables as thereā€™s not much else he can do in this weather.
Have a nice day.
My windscreen this morning. :cold_face:

Good morning Rox & All.same freezing conditions here,pavements are very icy and Iā€™ve no doubt once the kids in the aveā€™ make Their way to School tomorrow morn they will be like a skating rinkā€¦have to go to dentist early on which is just a 15minā€™ walk,but I think itā€™ll be a taxi job there and backā€¦I donā€™t fancy ending up in A&E with another broken collar bone or worse :roll_eyes:
Stay safe all and keep warm xx

Good afternoon everybody. Rox thatā€™s one of the things I donā€™t miss about driving, clearing the windscreen. Then you get the idiots who donā€™t bother to clear their windscreen before driving. May I think the kids will make a slide on their way to school, the joys of being young. It doesnā€™t look to bad out there today, was thinking of going to the shops but will stay in the house and keep warm.

Eveninā€™ all,pitch dark alreadyā€¦seems Iā€™ve no sooner got dressed that itā€™s time to get undressed again!

Been really sunny here and the front garden paths have no ice but the back paths are treacherousā€¦had to salt them before taking the bins out to the kerb.

I ordered a sherpa fleece blanket for Dageusā€™s bed, so he can snuggle down and stay warm. It gets pretty cold in the bedroom at night.
I also ordered a fleece snuggle for me in the evenings. I refuse to freeze.

Evening all. Rox I have ordered a pair of those tracks should be here tomorrow. I had spiral ones but you had to take them off to go into a shop or on a bus as you couldnā€™t keep your feet. Think these will be better.
Wee Sophie was a wee belter in her panto!

Good morning Each,frost & ice still with Us -5 here so Iā€™ve kept the heating on during the night @ 16 as I have no intention of breathing freezing air into My lungs while Iā€™m asleepā€¦put it back up to 23 now,
That looks a warm cozy throw Rox,Iā€™m wearing a long furry dressing gown over My PJs,glad I didnā€™t get rid of it
when I had a clear out!

I missed Your post about Your G/daughter Jean,I bet You were proud of Her in the Pantoā€™

Stay safe & warm All.xx

Morning May and all who follow. Going to watch Grandchildren after school today as Daughter is working an extra day this week. Hope my new tracks arrive this morning. Bit apprehensive about roads. I remember loving this weather and sliding all the way to school when I was young. Even loved waking up with the lovely ice patterns on the windows!
Enjoy your day and stay safe and warm everyone.

Good morning everybody. May I had the heating at 16, now up a few notches I hate being cold. Rox I seen similar ones last week in M&S. Jean be careful out there. Really cold looking out there, Iā€™m wearing leggings under my jeans and a vest. Libby is picking me later and taking me for milk and a few other pieces of shopping.

Morning All, Blimey itā€™s colder today than it was yesterday. Took The Hairy One later than usual, at 10.30 it was still minus 7. :cold_face: The road up to the forest was wall to wall ice, Yikes.
Heading over to Wick after lunch to the big Tesco as I want to get our Christmas food in and stored away, if I leave it much later the store will be far too busy for me, sooooo Heading over shortly, 20 mile drive and another 20 back but from what I could see on the way to the forest the roads not too bad, itā€™s the main one and gets salted and had a lot of traffic.
Have a good day and try to keep as warm as you can.