Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

There seems to be a more than usual interest in Us Scots recently…so thought I’d add a verse of this lovely wee song. :wink:

CALEDONIA.

I don’t know if you can see
The changes that have come over me
In these last few days I’ve been afraid
That I might drift away
I’ve been telling old stories, singing songs
That make me think about where I’ve come from
That’s the reason why I seem
So far away today

[Chorus:]
Let me tell you that I love you
That I think about you all the time
Caledonia, you’re calling me, now I’m going home
But if I should become a stranger
Know that it would make me more than sad
Caledonia’s been everything I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

It’s because there is no better place to be :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Except when it rains… :roll_eyes:

Here it is by my favourite band. Celtic Thunder. :ok_hand: :clap: :grinning:

1 Like

Well, the strikes are over…For now.

BBC News - Unions call off Scottish school and bin strikes

1 Like

Well Nicola is right…its not a bottomless pit of money, and while she might try and fight for more, its difficult for her to actually get any more from Westminster (for example)…since their Govt is in chaos at the moment. Glad she did her best anyway…god knows, I couldn’t sit in a meeting for 11 hours! :scream:

1 Like

No I couldn’t either, my BP couldn’t handle it. But they got 10%, who else is going to strike for that.

1 Like

Good Morning Each,a mild breezy dull dreich one here (suits My mood)
The Clan have gone up North in the camper vans hill walking,fishing etc’…away from the madding crowds…Son works 12 hour backshifts,and Sil has been working 6/7 days a week for yonks so this is His first weekend off,
I may venture out for a walk later if it stays dry…then again I may not :roll_eyes:…The weight is beginning to increase again but I’m in the mood for eating stodge…better gie Masel a shake!
Enjoy Your Celtic music fest’ Rox,and have a good Day All whatever You’re doing.x

Afternoon everyone…chucking it down right now :umbrella:

I was reading this in the Scotsman…Nicola has her work cut out for sure

She said:

“So there is no bottomless pit of money. We’re going to have to make choices about how we target our resources to help people who need it most.”

She urged the UK Government to “do its job” by freezing energy bills, providing more funding for struggling people and giving “devolved governments more wherewithal within our budgets to protect public services and public sector workers”.

• aye, good luck with that Nicola!

Nicola & the Scottish Government just doesn’t exist as far as the Tories in Westminster are concerned…strange how They still want to hang on to Scotland though aint it :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Morning, Lots of wind n rain today, nothing much planned just walking The Hairy One and some catch up around here. The grounds soft with all the rain and my tubs are wrecked sooooooo I’m going to get them emptied and also have a cut back on the tomato plants in the greenhouse as they are not getting many new ones now.
Have a nice day…hopefully dry.

Good morning everybody. Pouring with rain here at the moment. Had a lovely time with the family at Rhyse’s birthday dinner. Then it was off to the shows and back to his gran’s. His niece Elsie was there and wanted to paly party games, so it was pass the parcel and musical statutes. Rox hope you enjoyed your concert. May I cut back some shrubs a few weeks ago.It was the end of the Viking Festival last night, and for the first time it was just outside of here, lovely watching all the different colours.

Morning everyone…yes the rain is lashing down. Humidity is really high and I need to have another look at getting a proper dehumidifier. Some are quite expensive - for me anyway. :frowning_face:

Jess, those party games bring back memories, haha! “sleeping lions” was another one (so the adults could get a break!)

Yes Jess it was great to be at a Celtic Festival once again. Here’s a couple of photos from it.

1 Like

Pixie we had a good laugh to ourselves playing party games, we hadn’t played for years. Rox looks like it was a lot of fun at the Festival, I used to love folk music in my younger days. Been busy tidying up and putting more stuff into bags for the Charity shop. Rains stopped here so I’ll venture out to the shops.

Good afternoon all. Been busy last few days with my Grandaughter’s birthday on Wednesday and her party yesterday. 32 kids and really loud music. They all had a ball. The noise was too much for Wee James and we left early took him home to peace and quiet.
Just pottering about today. Going up the clydeside looking for support for my umbrella plant. It has outgrown the one that I have at the moment.
Hope Daegus still doing well Rox.
Enjoy your day everyone,

Hi Bonnie, Yes Dageus is improving daily, he is back at the vet tomorrow for his first check up.

Morning everybody. After a wet start looks like a lovely day here today. Going to reach 22C!
Going to Dentist this afternoon for a check up. I have a crumbling filling so I am sure will need treatment.
Washing ready to go out and another load in the machine.
Good luck for Dageus today at the vet.

Good morning everybody. After a cold start yesterday it turned really warm. Got some gardening done and some more stuff looked out for the Charity shop. Washing machine on, so will hang it out when its finished. Off for a massage this morning, then a look round the shops.

Morning everyone! Lovely sunny day today, and I have a list of things to do.

Avoiding the news, being one of them! :joy:

Have a great day!

Morning, Sun and Showers here this morning. No pool today just not in the mood, went for a walk up river with The Hairy One instead. We are at the vet for 11.30 and I sure he will get a good report for his check. Have a few questions for the vet as well. Need to pop over to Wick after to stock up on what our wee Tesco doesn’t have, apart from that I’m at a loose end.
Enjoy your day.