Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Good morning. Rox enjoy your swim again today. Some of those shops are quite a bit away from me, haven’t been to Asda for ages, I have to get a bus there. Hairdressers for me and then if it stays dry enough, I’ll do another bit in the back garden.

Good morning Each,cooler here so caught a bus first thing this morn for a bit o’ retail therapy in Matalan for a few tops,Iceland for frozen veg & ice lollies,and had a wander round b&m & a few other shops there…back home before any rain starts,
Have a good day Folks whatever You’re doing,x

Nasty accident up in Thurso last night. This is a walk I sometimes do with Dageus, but I put him on a lead in places as there is no fencing ect. I wonder if it was holiday makers, all the locals know how dangerous it can be up on the path.

Good morning. Rox really sad news for somebody’s family. Cold wind here today, been to get nails done, so no gardening today. Some housework and ironing, will keep me busy for a wee while.

Afternnoon All, Sooo glad it’s cooler today, give me time to return my temp to where it should be. Having a sleep in a while as I feel drained. Did you see the STV weather with Sean last night? the heat is coming back and may get up to 30 in Scotland as well this time, :hot_face: thank goodness I got The Hairy Ones coat off, he’ll be front n centre at my floor fan over the W/E that’s for sure, as for me I’ll be in a wee melted heap in a corner somewhere. :hot_face:
I took this photo on an evening stroll along the front, you can see the Victoria Walk and how high the cliffs are, there’s only one way they could have fallen over and that’s to leave the path and start messing about on the grass edge. Not sure which bit the fall was from but it would have been onto the rocks.

_103460850_8a42ae49-0678-4634-8a77-923190c472a8

1 Like

Afternoon all got all ready to go for my hearing test today. Carefully folded my letter to put in my bag and noticed it’s not til tomorrow! what a plonker!
So kinda didn’t know what to do with myself then. So decided to get the workin bunnet and do some cleaning I was going to do tomorrow.
Sometimes I wonder who took my brain out and put a wee motor in!

Good evening. Rox it was in the paper today about girl who was 18, and the guy was 26, sounds suspicious to me. Bonnie I was getting my nails done when my neighbour came in, she was a day early. I’ve been doing all my housework today, bed changed and the other bedding out on the line. I feel good when I’ve done all that.

Evening All,a lot cooler today so had a jacket on when We went for a gallivant into Town…ended up in My fav’ restaurant for lunch,then a leisurely walk Home…It’s set to hot up at the weekend but I’m all stocked up with food so won’t have to do any shopping…just sit under the parasol in the garden and let the World get on with it,
:smiley:

1 Like

Not looking forward to this I’m afraid. Like May I will be doing a stock up shop tomorrow and putting extra bread rolls and milk in the freezer.:hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

1 Like

Good morning. May its good to get out for a meal. Rox I have stuff in the freezer i can use up. Off into town today, I want some new jeans from M&S and maybe a few other things.

1 Like

Morning Ladies, We got lots of showery rain this morning, Himself is qiuite happy about that as the ground needs it and he hates having to set up all the hoses and water throwers for the fields.
Had my swim and been off out with The Hairy One,also got a load of stuff from Tesco on my way back from the pool.
Jess I stopped buying clothes from Marks years ago, I just went right off them, the styles were far too old for me and I hated them. Don’t know why they stopped catering for 30/40s I then went to BHS for my clothes then Matalan opened in Perth and I went there a lot.
Have a nice day whatever your doing.

Morning all. Groundhog Day for me. Just getting ready to go to the Audiologist for my hearing test. Heavens have just opened and can’t find a brolly. I hate them and seem to lose them all the time. Need to go without one have changed into a coat with a hood. The sun will be splitting the trees by the time I get to Hamilton. Popping in to see my Auntie only one I have left she is 88 and deafer than me so that will be a laugh! We usually do have a good laugh about it. She has a hearing aid she can’t use and I am trying to get one!
Enjoy your day everyone.

1 Like

Good evening. Rox its mostly jeans and underwear I buy in M&S, they are now selling designer clothes goodness who will buy them. Bonnie hope all went well with the hearing test today, hope you find your aunt in good health. Got my jeans and a few things from the food hall, so they are in the freezer.

1 Like

You’ve put Yer jeans in the freezer Jessie? :laughing:
That’ll keep Ye cool alright.

Evening All.there was no rain here,but quite cool with a breeze…Got the windaes cleaned inside & out,and housework all done as well as some ironing,

I see the auld xenophobic clique are ranting on about indyref2 with the usual nasty Name calling…They’re good for a laugh if nout else :laughing:

Cooking a chicken & veg stir fry for dinner with soy,ginger & garlic yakisoba,

Hope all went well with Your hearing test Jean,You’ll find a big difference with a hearing aid I’m sure.

I see the auld xenophobic clique are ranting on about indyref2 with the usual nasty Name calling…They’re good for a laugh if nout else

Same old same old. Same lies, same threats, same hatred from the same Scots haters. Let them spew their bile, this time I’m ignoring it all, I refused to sink to their level, and get upset.
I only have one question and that is… If Scotland is such a drain on England then WHY is Westminster so determined to hang on to us?
Doesn’t make any sense to me.

Good morning all, dreich start here. Going to meet a friend for lunch. We are going to the bank first. Need to trek to Hamilton or Rutherglen or .Glasgow to get a bank!
Going on 22nd August to get my hearing aids fitted. Hope it will make a difference.
Enjoy your day everyone

Good morning same weather Jean. May your dinner sounded good. Jean enjoy your day out with your friend, we now have two banks here. Hairdressers to get my colour done and get a card and a bag for my nieces Graduation present.

Morning, Cool and showers here this morning. No swim as I wasn’t in the mood when I woke up, been shopping and walked the Hairy One. Just chores around here this afternoon.
Jess my hairdresser told me that it was a waste of my money getting dye put in my hair these days, as the pigment is no longer there to hold it in, because my hair is so light now. She said it would be gone in a couple of weeks, I was scunnered as I like my hair in dark n light streaks, now it’s just all light. AND I hate it. This was how it used to be up to the first Lockdown.

fb0fc68d9d2874c7b835515372fa94e9

1 Like

Afternoon Each,a cool sunny one here but doing absolutely nothing except the basics…slept for 10 hours straight…must have been all that hard work yesterday :grinning:
Sandwiches for lunch and ham salad for dinner,so no cooking either…out to SH to read and relax for the rest of the day,
have a great weekend all,x

Evening all,turned out to be a pleasantly sunny warmish one,
so did a wee bit o’ weeding for an hour or so.