Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Ment to ask, what happened to Caveman? Anyone know. :thinking:

Good morning everybody. Rox now that youā€™ve mentioned it havenā€™t seen him posting on here for a while. Have to phone an electrician today about new fire alarms. From next month we have to alarms that are connected up, plus the gas monitor, cant remember the right name. If we donā€™t have them in can affect our house insurance apparently. Going for a massage this afternoon and looking forward to it.

Morning, Cold here but not cold enough to have to do car scraping earlier. Yeh :+1:
We got those alarms just before Christmas and I hate the blasted things, every time I turn on the cookers grill to make toast they go off. :rage: :rage: Had the cooker checked and itā€™s fine, engineer says the alarms are too sensitive. If I want toast I have to have the back door wide open letting all the heat out, only way the blasted things keep quiet.
I had to buy a new Microwave this morning, and nearly fell through the floor when I saw the price, Ā£70 they wanted, the last one I got cost Ā£20. I checked on Ebay but their prices were around the sameā€¦Unreal. :sob: :scream: :sob: :scream:

Good afternoon all. Think the prices of everything are sky rocketing just now, Roxy.
I am getting my hair cut this afternoon. My hairdresser has had to cancel me 3 times. First because she was Iā€™ll. then because she got COVID and lastly when her wee boy had COVID. She has had a rough time lately. We always have a good blather while she is here and she gives my Son a haircut too. So looking forward to seeing her and becoming a bit neater about the heid too.,
Enjoy your massage Jessie and everyone have a good day.

Good evening everybody, Rox my kitchen alarm goes off when I have the grill on, like you I have to open the back door. Jean hope your happy with your new hairdo., itā€™s funny we always enjoy getting our hair done. Had a phone call from a friend this morning saying thanks for her Christmas card she got it yesterday. Three of my other friends only got theirs at the weekend.

The postā€™s very bad just now, everything is taking much longer than it used to. I bought a cracking new swimming costume off Ebay, it was posted on December 30th and itā€™s still not arrived. The post is no longer the good reliable service it used to be.

Good Afternoon Each,a cold grey one here and it just suits My mood as My Son In Law tested positive for covid yesterdayā€¦Daughter is negative so far, crossing My fingers They will both be ok.

Good afternoon, weathers been quite good here today. May sorry to hear your Son in Law has tested positive for covid, hope your daughter is ok. Been to the shops and didnā€™t want to stay out to long, Iā€™m waiting for the electrician to come and give me a quote.

Good evening just home from my Daughters watching the children after school.
May will keep my fingers crossed for them too. Think it is everywhere at the moment. When is this going to end.
Having fish and chips for dinner. Canā€™t be bothered cooking anything else. Once have cooked the kids food canā€™t be bothered making anything else.

Hi Bonnie, fish and chips sounds good to me. Love them sitting at the front in the summer, followed by ice cream. I think it will be here for another wee while. Electrician came and will send me a quote tomorrow, the price he quoted wasnā€™t to bad.

Evening, Iā€™ve had a boring uneventful day and itā€™s tired me out. Happens sometimes. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Thatā€™s a typical sort of day for me these days Rox. It is our daughters birthday tomorrow but grandchild has covid so we will just have to leave her card and talk outside.

Good morning, I think weā€™re all feeling the same way at the moment. Weā€™re really only doing what we can because of this virus. Off to the hairdressers, then a look round the shops later.

Good morning Folks,another grey dreich one here which hasnā€™t helped My mood as My Daughter tested positive for covid this morning tooā€¦Sheā€™s not showing any symptoms,but SIL is feeling poorly,will this damned plague never end :worried:

May sorry to hear that Daughter has covid, hope the two of them are back on their feet soon. Had my hair done then did some food shopping in M&S. Going to have dinner then put my feet up and relax.

Evening, Been here most of the day waiting on a parcel that didnā€™t arrive, suppose Iā€™ll have to wait in again tomorrow.
May sorry to hear about your lass, to be honest I donā€™t know how my lass has managed to stay clear, working at the Doctors Surgery with folk in and out all the time.
Am heading for an early night shortly, canā€™t stop yawning.

Our daughter and two youngest grandchildren have all tested positive for covid. It was her birthday today so we had to talk through a closed window when we visited. They all have only mild symptoms.

Sorry to hear that Scot, I think we are all going to catch this itā€™s becoming like the flu. I see in the papers today that they think itā€™s actually on the way out, but will become another winter bug and weā€™ll just have to get on with life.
Dull n damp here just now, the kind of damp that seeps into the very core of you. Just heading off with the dog then this afternoon itā€™s stable duties for me.

Endemic Covid: Is the pandemic entering its endgame? - BBC News

1 Like

Rox thank goodness I donā€™t order anything online, I hate staying in waiting for anything. Scott hope your family have a mild version of covid. Damp looking here at the moment so will be going out in the afternoon for a paper and a few other things.

1 Like

Afternoon everyone. Just back from Chiropodist. It is very dismal here today. Went for a 5k walk this morning nearly floored me! At the beginning of this pandemic was doing 5 k every day usually in 2 separate walks. Anyway have let it slip and becoming more unfit by the day! So must get back in the fitness zone. So easy to eat and snuggle up all the time just now.
Hope your families are getting better , Scot and May.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.

1 Like