Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Morning all. I don’t remember that shop either Rox. Never did line dancing, am the only person I know that can’t do the slosh! No coordination!
Enjoyed my day on Wednesday, Jess. Although the weather was awful.
Since then have been rushing about cleaning and shopping and got nowhere. Think I am going to relax now what’s done is done and what’s not done doesn’t matter. Tomorrow is just another day.
Staying in for the bells. Very quiet around here at New Year. Going to my Daughter’s tomorrow.
Where has the time gone seems like yesterday everyone was waiting for the millennium.
Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2022

Hi Bonnie, looking forward to meeting up again soon, just hope the weather is a lot better. Did some housework and that’s about it for me. Staying in for the Bells, have some nibbles and a wee bottle of proseco. Happy New Year everybody, lets hope its a better one next yeat.

A guid new year to ane an’ a’
An’ mony may ye see,
An’ during a’ the years to come,
O happy may ye be.
An’ may ye ne’er hae cause to mourn,
To sigh or shed a tear;
To ane an’a baith great an’ sma’
A hearty guid New year.

A guid New Year to ane an’ a’
An’ mony may ye see,
An’ during a’ the years to come,
O happy may ye be.

O time flies past, he winna wait,
My friend for you or me,
He works his wonders day by day,
And onward still doth flee.
O wha can tell when ilka ane,
I see sae happy here,
Will meet again and merry be
Anither guid New year.

Wishing You All a happy & healthy 2022,xxx

Happy new year everyone. I hope next year will be a better one.

Afternoon All, Not a bad day here and Myself and the dog have been down on the beach watching the Mad New Year Dookers. I wouldn’t go into that water even in the hight of the summer it’s sooo cold, but a lot of folk rushed in this morning, along with a heap of yells and shrieks. :rofl:
Hope your all recovered and no hang overs, none here as we just went to bed as normal.
Took this photo last night, the last sunset of the year over Thurso Beach.

1 Like

Lovely photo Rox. There are people who go in for a swim every year at this time, not for me to cold. Been out for a walk and it was cold with a strong wind, so I walked away from the seafront. Met a few neighbours as well when I was out.

Good morning all and a Happy New Year to you and yours. Lovely photo Rox. Had a very quiet NY Eve but had a lovely lunch with middle son and family yesterday. My DIL is a great cook and it was a real treat. It’s been very mild here but the forecast is for it to get colder during the week.

Good morning everybody. Happy new Year to you Sue, I was on my own as well. Nothing planned for today except a trip to Morrisons for a few things.

Hope everybody had a happy New Year. We went to my daughters last night but stayed home for the bells as usual.
Going for a walk to get a paper and blow the cobwebs away. My Son is on holiday next week so he will help me take down the deccies. Always makes me feel a bit sad but also hopeful for a better year. Especially this year.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone .

Afternoon All, Not too bad a day here, had a good walk through the woods with the dog and sat talking with some folks I met. Was at a Surfing Competition yesterday and took heaps of photos. Once I get the best ones sorted I’ll post them in the Scottish Photo Album.
Jess we have some hardy swimmers here too but they go over to the newly refurbished open air pool called “The Trinkie” or “The North Baths” It’s a lot safer than the open sea as ships are coming n going all the time. Also you have to keep out of the Surfers way. ME, I’ll stick with the heated pool at the Leisure Centre. :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

Bonnie that’s all we can do is hope that things will be better this year. Rox they can swim in the sea here as the only boat here is the ferry. Decided against going to Morrisons as it started raining, I’ll go tomorrow when the local bus is on.

Morning, Oh WOW the weather hasn’t half changed. We have Snow and High Winds. :sob: :cold_face:
Just the sort of weather I hate.
Been to the pool and popped into Tesco for a few things, lovely and quiet again but needing a restock.
Got to head out again with the dog, it will be the forest to get a wee bit shelter, then I’ve got to see the Chiropodist to have my talons cut.
Have a nice day.

Good morning. Its raining here Rox, I hate snow and high winds. Started putting some of the decorations away, and will take tree down on Wednesday. Have a few bits and pieces I want at the shops, then carry on with putting things away.

Back to winter here as well. Light snow showers and very cold.

Morning, Sheeezzzee I can’t stop shivering I’m so blooming cold. :cold_face: :disappointed_relieved:
Done all I need to outside this morning, so if I can manage it I’m not putting my nose out the door again today. Looks like this cold is here for the rest of the week too.

Good afternoon. Really cold here as well today. Snow flurries here at the moment, been to the hairdresser and did some shopping, so I’m home for the day.

I don’t know if this is true or not BUT…I overheard a couple of people in the changing rooms at the pool talking about Royal Mail.
One was saying that the Posties are now only out delivering three days a week. :astonished: :astonished:
I hadn’t really noticed, if we didn’t get packets/letters I just assumed we’d no mail that day. I seldom see the Postie so I can’t ask, have any of you heard about this? Blasted cheek if if it’s true. :rage: Plus it’s been kept quiet as I’ve heard nothing on the News ect. :rage:

Cant really say I’ve heard anything about the postmen working three days a week. We always seem to have a different one each time.

Evening all. Sound like Dixon of Dock Green! Anyway very cold here but no snow so far.
The children were here today both seemed tired. Had friends over yesterday and a sleepover so it’s knocked the stuffing out of them! They are back to school tomorrow although North Lanarkshire not back
til,Monday.

Bonnie they’ll be tired after having their friends over to play, plus a sleepover. Hope its a bit warmer tomorrow I’m going into town to meet friends for lunch.