Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Morning, Things are slowly calming down windwise this morning but the rain is bad. Went to walk the dog in the park as thereā€™s a bit of shelter along the river bank with all the trees hanging over the path, but they are almost bare of leaves now.
Quiet day for us today.

Afternoon Rox and all. Windy here too was getting blown away on my walk and I am no light weight!
Quiet day for me too. Was clearing out the garage as we are getting a free pavement pickup. We get one a year.
Going out for lunch with a friend tomorrow. First time in a long time. Just going local. My friend lost her husband during lockdown and just canā€™t seem to get over it. So hopefully we will have a nice catch up. Hard to know what to say to help her.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Good evening everybody, still quite windy out there today. Its the same here Rox, all the leaves have been blown off the trees. As long as their not slippy I donā€™t mind. Jean enjoy your lunch tomorrow with your friend. Suitcase was taken away last night so itā€™s getting a few other things together for tomorrow.

Good Morning Each,a bit of a dreich dull one here with heavy rain forecast,
Had a longer lie-in this morning,so some stretching exercises,then 10 minā€™s on the exā€™ bike,10 mins on the exā€™ DVD,and more sweeping of fallen leaves,

I see Our brave Globetrotter is off on Her adventures againā€¦Bon Voyage Jessie,have a great time in the USAā€¦take care all,xx

Good morning everybody, drizzly rain here at the moment. Yes May Iā€™m off again for ten days looking forward to it. My cousinā€™s daughter who lives over there would like Scottish hoodies for her daughters, so Iā€™m off into town to try and get them.

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Good morning Folks,itā€™s a fine sunny dry chilly one here,perfect for a brisk walk this morningā€¦wellā€¦not as brisk as Iā€™d like these days :roll_eyes:

Looks like Everyoneā€™s gone to the moon or America (same difference to Me) and the bot can do the same as far as Iā€™m concerned as the threads started about Scotland are MAINLY anti Scottish,so I for one,donā€™t have any interest in posting on them,

Hope All are well and safe,see Ya,xx

Hi May, I know what you mean about Scottish Threads, make me want to slap certain people. Sooooo Iā€™ll say no more. :zipper_mouth_face:
Been very wild and stormy up here the last couple of days 70mph winds and the noise of the ocean was deafening.
Not been up to anything much, not been in the mood for one thing and Iā€™m still not getting any fonder of this new place, itā€™s a chore now not a pleasure.
Himself has gone back to work today and taken a packed lunch as heā€™s away down on quarryside, so I may just head back to bed for a couple of hours and see if I can wake up in a better frame of mind.

Morning, Back to rainā€¦again, sheeze. May I see cars in Glasgow are being targeted by those bloody climate activists, keep an eye out.
No pool today, just not in the mood, got to go over to Wick after I walk the dog and we both get soaked. Roll on NEXT SUMMER.

1 Like

Good morning Rox and to anyone else around,itā€™s been bucketing doon all night here and set to continue for the rest of the day,
I havenā€™t seen/heard the news this morning reā€™ the climate activists,but as Iā€™ve not been anywhere near Glasgow for nigh on 2 years,Their shenanigans wonā€™t affect Me,
Have to go out up the Street for some shopping,but thatā€™s as far as Iā€™ll be venturing today.

1 Like

Its a great way to get your supportā€¦one radio station said let tyres down another said slashed so dont know who to believe still yet again getting at wrong people again raining heavily here god summer felt like 5 minutes ago

1 Like

last few days calm then wind then calm but wind left its mark nothing couple slates and lick of paint wont fix
nobody hurt but plenty logs for winter

1 Like

Morning Guys, Beautiful sunny day here so making the most of it. Bunged the washing on and away with the dog. Been outside since we got back, sweeping up all the masses of leaves from the trees that drop on the lawns. Will have to do it again though in a few days as thereā€™s still more to fall. After lunch Iā€™m making a start on cutting back tha bamboo itā€™s so tall and looks a mess, want it about my hight itā€™s around 15ft the now. Right, taking my coffee outside, have a nice day folks. :grinning:

Hope thatā€™s not your roof Caveman. :grimacing: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

thankfully not i live in a cave !!! thought you knew that :rofl:

Good afternoon Rox,and a yabadabadoo to Caveman :grinning:

Itā€™s a fabā€™ warmish sunny one here and the midges are out in force in the back gardenā€¦
what was that about Global warming!

Just pottering about here as the joints are playing up a bit,so havenā€™t been out gallivanting as I wanted to,but still enjoying the sun and a blether over the fence with Neighboursā€¦Have a good weekend Folks,xx

1 Like

Morning Guys, Not nearly so nice here today, cool n cloudy with spits of rain. Thank goodness I got all the work in the garden done yesterday. Not long back from a walk through the park and up river, I have a mixed feeling of anger and sadness though. On the drive there and back and seeing people in the park and walking their dogs I only saw one other person wearing a poppy :no_mouth: There was a good load of people out and about too. I had mine on and Dageus had his purple animal one on his collar. Whatā€™s gotten into people? Such a lack of respect I thought. :zipper_mouth_face: :cry:

1 Like

Lovely dog Rox.

Lovely Boy, Rox! Like his poppy.
Have had a bug for last 10 days. Sickness and the other to start with then went to my chest.
Went out today to put a cross at the war memorial for my Uncle George who died at Salerno. My Son would have done it for me but felt so much better was able to do it myself.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone. Hope Jess is having a ball in the U S.

Thankyou Scot and Bonnie, heā€™s my shadow most of the time. Where I go so does heā€¦If he can manage it.
Glad your on the mend Bonnie, it always seems worse somehow if you get sick in the Winter months.
Maybe Jess will have her phone with her and pop in on that. Getting ready for an early night, canā€™t stop yawning.

1 Like