Outrage as Chinese online shopping site shipped out 'mystery boxes' filled with live puppies, kittens

:023: :023:

:023::023::023:

do the french still eat horse? and the scots that poor animal haggis? I used to enjoy a good rabbit in my day - I always assumed they were British? whilst turkey has never turned me on - too dry? Yes I suppose we could design a sort of world barometer of " cruelty to animals associated with culinary pleasures"

I remember once watching a doco about the murdering of dolphins in one of the in shore bays of one of the Scandanavian countries?? that was very sickening and I just could not continue even viewing it! - Those Nords etc come from a very bloody stock of murdering heh?

the exportation of cattle came to an abrupt halt in OZ a few years back you may recall when animal activists shot film of cattle being barbarically attacked whilst being off loaded from ships in one of the far eastern countries?

and then closer to home there was a national outcry in OZ not just a few years back of how racing horses were being treated once they were consider “no longer fit for racing” and so the list goes on and on and on.
who is the saddist of them all I wonder those who put spurs on their cockerels or those who deliberately breed killer dogs for sport?

I don’t know who is worse Bret. I don’t enter into discussions about religion or the existence of any kind of god any more. It’s pointless. Same with Aliens, ghosts and other imaginary creatures in the sky. But I do have a very strong belief as to why we (humans) are all here. The final answer to the grand question of the reason for human existence to me is simple. We are here to look after each other, our children, the animals and the planet. We are here to help the animals and the rest of the living things to survive. Live off them and use them for food if necessary but always respect them. Simple because we have the biggest brain and can do things they can’t. It’s our responsibility and our job to do that. Just because we can. All of our intellect, accumulated knowledge, wisdom and skill should be devoted to just that. All the rest is just window dressing. It’s just “stuff” and the quest for it is driven by greed. And that “stuff” that everybody thinks they need is obtainable by less and less people all the time. Some of it only for the very rich. And the rest of us can go to hell. It’s like, as I said, a lowlife scum sucking oxygen thief that abuses and exploits children is the same. Anybody who deliberately causes unnecessary pain to a defenceless animal needs to be whacked…In both the literal and New Jersey colloquial sense. My wife, son and I saw that footage of those little shit bags kicking and beating those cattle with iron bars. All three of us were in tears of rage. I better stop here.

Funnily enough, there was a brief item on Portillo’s Train Journey programme on last Thursday evening where he visited a Newmarket trainer of ex-racehorses. This lady was retraining ex-racehorses (and racing “no-hopers”) so they could be used for showjumping, eventing, etc.

My wife works for a veterinary pharmaceutical company and has also worked in animal rescue…mostly dogs and native marsupials and birds. Dogs and horses that are threatened have at least a little defence as they can bite or kick. That often doesn’t help much but at least it’s something. But apart from the big kangaroos who can tear you apart if you provoke them, our gentle little native animals haven’t usually got an aggressive bone in their beautiful little bodies. So they are very vulnerable to cruelty. My wife has seen some horrendous things done to these little creatures. One of her greatest moments of satisfaction was when she helped the rangers and local police track down a gang of thugs who were abusing native animals. Long story short, they did time. Not enough IMO but something. An interesting thing I can share is that many years ago, as part of my studies, I was looking at torture and who carries it out. Not so much the political aspect of it, like who orders it and what they want to achieve by it; but the actual people that physically carry it out. Their psychological makeup and the kind of people that not only are able to dispassionately do these things to their fellow human beings but who are actually proud enough of their “craft” that they write manuals on how to do it effectively. – I saw one of these written in Spanish – One thing that stood out about these people was how many of them had been deriving pleasure from causing others pain since their childhoods. Many started by torturing small animals

They can then grow up to be serial murderers aka Jeremy Dalmer

Keezoy has the live meat export trade stopped in Australia ?

I know NZ has banned all live meat export .

The ‘wastage ‘ in the racing business is huge .
Not all horses run or run fast enough .
The problem is that because they race them as two years old ( totally unnecessarily ) they are often damaged .
Their bones and joints are not always fully developed and injuries to their back and legs are common .
Also it takes time and money to retrain as a racehorse is not educated just given enough training to accept a saddle and rider and run .

Anything to do with cruelty to animals offends me highly.
I have experienced examples of the outcome, as I have mentioned before on this forum, and I should certainly support much more realistic punishments for all of those excuses for human beings who participate in such behaviour.

Hi

Horses are vegetarian and a good source of protein.

Stupid not to eat them.

We eat a lot worse.

No. Sell them to the Frogs.

There is no different between a horse and a cow they are both sentient animals . It is the way that both animals are slaughtered that is the problem . No animal should be transported overseas for slaughter .
Poor creatures that have been gently reared should not face a terrible death in some foreign hell hole .

I think someone who is cruel to an animal is every bit as bad a s murderer. We don’t have to justify hammering down someone cruel to an animal for the potential of what they might do to a person. Animal cruelty is intolerable. Period.

This is how a country gets my travel and trade dollars.:wink:

Yes, and claims of fair treatment with a vet on board doesn’t do it for me either. It’s a dam@able and worse when attempts are made to try to justify it.

Where I live, restaurant patrons have the right to ask for the source of the meat, poultry, and seafood they are eating. That’s a good step to start towards a solution and it’s a good habit to ask. I don’t think anyone wants to consume cruelty on a plate.

I would be quite happy to eat humans as long as they were humanely killed. The key ingredient here is lactic acid: in an unstressed animal, after death, muscle glycogen is converted into lactic acid, which helps keep meat tender, pink, and flavorful. Adrenaline released by stress before slaughter uses up glycogen, which means there’s not enough lactic acid produced postmortem. This affects different kind of meat in different ways, but in general it’ll be tough, tasteless, and high in pH, and will go bad quicker than unstressed meat. (I used to be a meat inspector at a Unilever factory in Hastings, NZ)

Poor creatures that have been gently reared should not face a terrible death in some foreign hell hole .

Muddy could you specify which hell hole you might be referring to I would like to avoid them on my next trop abroad? ta

You are quite right Ciderman
Unfortunately the countries that kill animals cruelly tend to cook meat for a long time ( such as curry ) so they are not bothered by tough meat .

That’s a good thing. I’d go so far as to making it a legal requirement to show evidentially where such foodstuffs have come from and how they have been obtained.
Let the patrons then decide whether or not to eat in those establishments.

A big red R for ritual slaughter would be a good thing then we know what to avoid.

That makes a great deal of sense. Perhaps some of our religious nutters should be made aware of the facts.