Our Official Slimming Club Thread - open to everyone

Thanks May–we will see—stomach has settled, but still feeling a little fragile. So I may go to SW in the morning–not tonight…

Well now you know the worst—but believe me–it could have been a lot worse.

I had usual breakfast—not sure about lunch–Im not really hungry…

Your meals are sounding really delicious—mine are so plain…but tonight im planning to have baked cod-with SW orange dressing----with spiralised carrot apple salad. peppers.

:smiley: I don’t think My meals are particularly slimming,but they’re nutritious and healthy as they don’t contain any bad carb’s…I like cooking and do a cook-up for the freezer every week,soups,stews,curries,sauces etc’…now I just have to watch the amount of rice/pasta/pot’s I add,and def’ no large garlic nan breads (which I love) :-(…
Like You I live alone,and time is the only thing I have plenty of,so hope it doesn’t run out too quickly :lol:

I see on Your first post You suggest We weigh Ourselves once a week and post Our losses (hopefully) every wed’,so will do that Tomorrow.

Hi May-yes that is what I intend to do–but not very hopeful of a good result–it has been quite an emotional week for me, and that does not help !!

I hope You’re feeling better Mariana,I know when I’m stressed or anxious My stomach plays up too…I weighed Myself Yesterday with the new bathroom scales,so won’t do it again until next week…take care,x

Well at least you have a starting point now may–and in all probability a little less than it was last week.

i think I may have set my target too high at 4 stone—but i lost 4.5 pounds on my first week. So really pleased–would love to lose 2.5 next week and make it half a stone.

But feeling much better, that always helps–just one little thng niggling at me, but that msay be resolved by the weekend hopefully.

4.5 Lbs is great Mariana,well done…I’m hoping to lose 1Lb a week if I don’t get bored and get a sugar craving…time will tell.

Breakfast…porridge, carrot juice,
Lunch…tuna & salad,yog’ berries,
Dinner chicken curry,brown rice.

yes, I was pleased–usual breakfast–had something to eat out , very difficult when you are somewhere like cafe nero–just got the safest looking sandwich–black coffee with cold milk-tonight it will be salmon and spiralised veg.

carrot juice for breakfast ??? do you make it yourself, or buy it ??

My friend introdused me to corn thins in saisburys today–like a thin rice cake–only 29 calories each—ideal for a little snack with cottage cheese or quark on…

I make it in My magic juicer ;-)…it’s more of a smoothy as I get all of the veg’,just add ice cubes,only takes a minute or so,also does fruit smoothies which are lovely…I’m not keen on cooked veg’,so stick them into soups/stews/curries,or raw in salads…It usually lies in the cupboard most of the Year,until I go on a health kick…like now :lol:

Oh thanks–maybe thats what I need to get a few more veg into me…

Good luck to all members of the OFF slimming club.

Eat healthily, be as active as possible and with determination and resolve you will do it.:wink:

#thank you—but we need a few more members—anyone else interested ??

Mariana, Just to say… I have never tasted Caramelised onion houmous but when you mentioned it, I really wanted to try it!
Well, I have just been to Tesco and bought some, plus some breadsticks and it is absolutely delicious! Thank You! :slight_smile:

I am joining in with your ‘slim’ but l am keeping a low profile!!

Oh that is brilliant—I am so glad you took the plunge—I would have some every day if i could—and in fact sometimes i do !! Im not sure how i would survive without cottage cheese and hoummous. [not together]

Glad you are joining in with us—we need a few more people with some more ideas.

I can hardly call myself Slimmer of the week, when there is only my results on show lol

Back to normal here as Family have gone back to Kent/Dundee after the funeral,peace reigns again :cool:

B/fast…shredded wheat,banana,
Lunch…low f cottage cheese on ryvita,pro bi yog’ strawb’s.
Dinner…Baked pot’ beans,fruit salad.

I started with cb , cott ch and melon–for a change—but I am out for lunch at the church today-jut one choice–take it or leave it !-I was thinking of taking my own lunch—but decided just to take my own desert --muller yoghurt.

Kent, Dundee—could hardly be further aoart—I live in Kent…

had a lovely lunch out–lemon chicken, with sliced raw carrots and raw green beans—everyone else had theirs cooked of course–but chef Gary knows me !! I had my yoghurt all ready packed up–but left it at homee-so when desert came–my very favuorite–lemon cheesecake–i am afraid i could not resist–its a long tome since I had any and who knows the next time–thats my reasoning ! But probably stick to just home made tomato soup tonight. !! in the freezer.

Hi

I didn’t really start until Monday.

Breakfast this week is two Weetabix with a banana.

Lunch is homemade vegetable soup and frozen fruit with yoghurt.

Evening meals are all chicken, no skin, all stir fries, minimal oil and loads of vegetables.

I have tried skimmed instead of semi skinned milk, but I cannot get on with it.

I am doing well on the no alcohol thing, not a drop so far.

Sundays will be blow the diet, I love my Sunday Roasts and I will be having wine with them.

Hi swimfeeders—I could never manage skimmed milk either—I drink very little milk now,as I mostly drink green tea or herbal teas.

Enjoy your sundaty roast and wine—just get back to eating carefully on Monday. Everything else sounds pretty good to me.

I need to get back in the groove tomorrow, after that lemon cheesecake—but it was lovely–and I really enjoyed it–if you are going to crack, make it on something that you love, I say !!

Cold & wet here so no walking or gardening and OA is playing up so a feet-up day…found some granola in the cupboard which G/Daughter liked for B/fast,had a bowl,deelish,…so had another!! …had a closer look…6.1g fat…7.7g sugar in each serving and that’s without milk…no wonder I’m feeling jittery,sugar and Me just don’t get along…it’s in the bin.

Lunch…chicken drumsticks,salad
Dinner…mince,mashed pot’/turnip

It is truly horrifying how much sugar in some cereals–apart from porridge which I would not eat if you paid me to.

Had a really bad night last night—plus I had to go out in the pouring rain.

today i had crispbreads, cottage cheese melon, wrap and houmouss–not sure about tonight—maybe a simple omelette.