Our Official Slimming Club Thread - open to everyone

OFF SLIMMING CLUB
This idea was recently suggested to me , and it sounded like a great idea to go ahead with I have a lot of changes to make to turn things around in my own life, but this is one that I can share. I live alone, and need all the support that I can get.

Basically OFF SLIMMING CLUB—rules are very simple—to encourage , help and support everyone else.
So starting on Wednesday morning, weigh yourself —I will put you on the OFF list—you can disclose your starting weight or not—your decision. I thought it would be a good idea to weigh in every Wednesday. You can use any diet that you fancy—or just cut down on stuff—eat healthier—try some exercises if you want to—I might go back onto my WII Fit—I used it before—really made me feel stronger.
Anyone can join—male , female… any age…however much or little you have to lose. We will welcome any recipes, tips, and hints, advice, and a little of your own story, if that is what you wish.
We are all here to help each other.

There will be a Slimmer of the week, plus a Super Slimmer of the Month—I would like to work it out on percentages, but that could be difficult not knowing everyone’s starting weight—so just have to do the best we can.
Please let me know if you can think of any other ideas or maybe change some things.

1 Like

Hi

It sounds a great idea Mariana.

I will join in, a botched NHS treatment and steroids has left me 11 kilos above normal.

Thats brilliant to have you on board–yes, steroids do that , dont they? Hopefully lots of help to come on this thread.

A nice idea to get a group going.

My only comments, as per the other thread, is really to focus away from weighings. Concentrating on your weight and stepping on those scales all the time is, imo, the wrong approach. But it’s up to individuals in the end.

A suggestion I have for your OFF club is to have people list everything they have eaten in a specific day. Then let others comment on it. It might prove useful. So for example if you made yourself say a Lasagne in the evening and you list every ingredient used, including manufacturer for any tin, packet, carton etc then we can start to unpick the ingredients and any hidden nasties.

Out of this we might come up with a set of great recipes from each participant which are healthy and easy. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your suggestions Realist–I like the idea of listing a days menu–could be interesting and helpful. As for weighing in, I feel it would give a sense of achievement–something to aim for, but I am happy to go for what the majority want.

Hi

Started a day early as off on my travels tomorrow.

Weight 83 kilos, target 72 kilos.

Sweeteners instead of sugar, sorrel soup for lunch, only egg whites instead of whole eggs.

Evening meal will be chicken breast, no skin, sweet potato oven wedges and stir fried veg.

Tomorrow diet will be wrecked as the Ukraine has no idea what healthy eating is. :lol::lol:

Welll—good luck—holidays and diets do not normally mix—I have no idea what they eat in the Ukraine.

So far today I had rice cakes with cottage cheese and fresh pinapple my favourite breakfast—and as I was out-a tuna and salad sandwich–no mayo–plus 2 cups of green tea–2 cups of coffee–again, because I was out—not sure about tonight—maybe mashed avacado on crispbread with spiralised carrot and apple salad.

Hi

Mariana, the Ukraine is work, not a holiday :frowning:

It is possibly the worst place anyone could choose for a holiday, hopefully only there for 1 or 2 days.

Good luck, swimmie. My brother was there with the OSCE a while ago, and he found the whole job a trial.

Ohh-thats really good news—I confess I wondered why anyone would go there for a holiday–to see relatives possibly.

Looking forward to a few more people joining in soon.

Good call Mariana…I may come back soon to join as I’ve been eating so much rubbish over the past couple of weeks…don’t care to jump on the scales just now…will have to brace Myself :blush:

Ok May—do not put it off–it may not be as bad as you think–but whatever, no need to disclose if you would rather not–just join in—make a fesh start…

Off slimming

I have weighed this morning am 14 stone 12lbs need to lose a lot eat porage. Skimmed milk banana .Lunch out baked potato with tuna and salad a little mayo . Dinner chicken chasseur potatoes swede carrot broccoli.

well done Allotment. Thanks for joining us. You have all been so brave in declaring your weight—so here goes—I want to lose 4 stone, and I currently weigh 16.2. !! Cant believe ive done that–never told anyone that before. But I have been a lot heavier than that in my time.
Be back later wqhen I have got over the shock !!

about to go out==yesterday I had=start with ryvitas cottage cheese pinapple—wrap with hoummouus and tomato—salmon, spriralised carrot and apple salad with mandarin—no sugar jelly and muller lite youghurt. I eat very simply mostly.

Right Mariana,I have My good head on Today, :smiley: so time to get back control of My weight…I don’t know exactly what I weigh as I flung My scales and diet books in the bin in disgust a few years ago…but last time I weighed Myself I was around 11st 3lbs which I was quite happy with…I can’t get into My jeans and most other clothes are tight,so reckon I’ve gained a stone or more…will write Tomorrow what I’m eating and try and be positive in sticking to a healthier eating plan…good luck to All.x

Hi May—sometimes you do not need the scales—you can tell by your clothes–gradually getting back into clothes that have not been worn for ages–if ever !!! Good Luck. xxx

I have had such an awful day today–could not motivate myself for anything—but did not eas-ham sandwich–as I was out… omlette with peppers onions mushrooms–mostly green tea to drink–a banana sometime—plus a muller lite youghurt–finish with low fat hot chioc.

I never count calories as I just can’t be bothered,so just trying to cut down on bad carb’s.

Breakfast…Porridge made with water & salt,semi skimmed milk added,
Lunch…Banana on wholemeal bread,pro bi yogurt & berries,
Dinner…veg’ curry & brown rice,orange.

Have sent to Amazon for a set of scales …that’ll be fun :shock: :lol: