Our Break Away

After the horrendous time we had over the past year John and I felt we needed a short break away, 3 nights in the countryside.

We have come to a place called Hebden near Grassington North Yorkshire staying in a lovely holiday home which used to be a farmhouse.

The house has now been made into 2 houses and we are staying in one half.

It’s a very old house with a fabulous feel.

I dont want to leave as its so peaceful here. We haven’t heard one single screeching police car which we hear a lot where we live because of police chasing thugs breaking the law.

How I do wish we had the money to retire here. It really is another world from what we are used to and reminds me that there really are some beautiful places just up the road from where we are from…well a few miles anyway.

Tonight is our last night and I’m feeling quite sorry that we have to go backbto reality. I can honestly say we have had the most wonderful short break away. Loki has enjoyed it too, we have walked miles. My leg muscles are killing me and I was walking like John Wayne this morning with all the walking exercise we’ve done.

Anyway I took photos and would like to share the beautiful place we are right now. I hooe you enjoy sharing our break away

12 Likes

It looks idyllic, Queenie, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

You do so deserve this lovely break after what you & John have been through.

Good things wished on you from now on. x

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous Bev!
I know you don’t want to go back but remember “a break is as good as a rest” so I’m sure you’ll both go back feeling energised and more relaxed. Maybe start to plan to make a move possible, even if it ends up a pipe dream, it will be a pleasure to dream it for a few hours once in a while xxx

Glad you have all had a fab time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What a lovely place, Queenie.
It’ll do you both the world of good. :+1:

1 Like

Looks beautiful very peaceful glad you enjoyed it maybe if you can try and get away for a few days every month? A change is as good a rest they say

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful and it’s great that the weather has been relatively kind to you too.

1 Like

Such a beautiful, peaceful area @LionQueen .

You both deserved this break. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What a fabulous place! Loki is a little poser :smiley: I’m so glad you were able to do this, you both deserve it!

1 Like

You did need a break. What a beautiful spot to stay for a few days. Just lovely. I hope you got the rest & relaxation you so needed & deserved.

1 Like

I haven’t been that way for ages LQ, glad you enjoyed your well deserved break, nice you were able to recharge, it’s always sad to leave such a lovely spot, but there’s nothing stopping you going there again sometime, you could pay a visit to pately bridge, it’s just down the road and, they have what’s reputed to be the oldest sweet shop in the uk, if it’s still there of course

1 Like

Looking at the photos again - can’t help thinking it was a good job it didn’t rain being as you had no roof. (photo 2) :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Haha I was hoping you wouldn’t realise that is our digs tabby

1 Like

Looks fab. Have a great time.

1 Like

How lovely it is there, just perfect for a relaxing break. So pleased you enjoyed, do it again soon! xxxx

1 Like

Looks lovely, how long did you stay?

1 Like

3 nights this is our last night. Just about to take the dog out for night walk, glass of wine and bed ready for reality check tomorrow morning lol. We have had the best time but I’m in a bit of pain with all the walking :walking_woman:lol

3 Likes

LQ, Beautiful pics of an idyllic place. It was just what you both needed after all your recent turmoil…

Loki… l just love him and want him… that little chutchy face!!

1 Like

deleted

What a wonderful place LQ and the pictures were great .
Glad you had a good time .:slight_smile:

1 Like