Osteoarthritis problems

Spoil sport!

I can’t swim - but if I stuck to the shallow end I should be OK. Will mention to my ‘Trainer’ . I am under his care for the next 12 weeks and will follow him anywhere his instructions.

3 Likes

I am lucky to have a very supportive GP. She is a proper ‘old fashioned’ GP - not one of the ones who has one eye on the computer and the other on the clock. Goodness knows what I will do if/when she retires!

1 Like

haha yes it’s just too yummy :smiley:

1 Like

How are you today, Tabs?

Took two paracetamol last night which had me in a coma for about 10 hours. Have taken things easy today and the weather is cooler which helps - so not so painful.
Not done anything more strenuous than ‘crafting’ !

Thank you for asking! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

If you can tolerate it, Ibuprofen is generally thought to be better pain relief for OA than paracetamol :leg:

1 Like

I just bought a tube of Ibuprofen to rub around the knees but a warning on the packaging said not to use if you’re allergic to it . How the heck do you know you’re allergic to something if you’ve never used it previously ?
It’s something I see written time and time again and seriously annoys me .
Personally I don’t hold with physio if bone is rubbing against bone tho it might work on muscles .

1 Like

You have to be careful with ibuprofen and your stomach. Also ibuprofen and blood thinners.

1 Like

I haven’t looked into this but paracetamol + diabetes must be an interesting mix.

1 Like

The best thing to do with knees is to keep them together.

2 Likes

I’m under deep importation from Julia Hawkins. She has shown that elderly runners had healthier brains and bodies. I’ve read about it here seniorfitness.net. She has previously created history, but this newest achievement if her is a 100m record for the centenarian known as “Hurricane Hawkins.” It’s worth noting that she crossed the finish line in 39:62 in 2017 in Birmingham, becoming the fastest female competitor in the 100-105 age group.

Hawkins had previously won many gold medals as a cyclist in four annual National Senior Games before beginning to run in 2017 at the age of 101.

That made me smile Zuleiker, because I’ve always said exactly the same thing. :+1:

1 Like

Long distance running is good if you are fit enough to do it. It does take a toll on the body, depends on your genes perhaps. I have problems with ligaments and if I do too much it’s counter productive. I’m so envious of people who can run and run and not have any injuries or feel the wear and tear on the body.

1 Like

I’m the same Annie, with ligament problems. I have hypermobility (double jointed) and if I push myself too much, I do suffer for a few days afterwards.

2 Likes

I’m looking at Paingone pen+ now . It works like a Tens machine but as the name indicates it’s hand held .

Aha you have my sympathy. I have hypermobility but I couldn’t get a medical diagnosis because I only have 2 out of 3 of the criteria. So perhaps that’s to blame for my frequent injuries after too much sport, weakness when trying to do too much. So frustrating when your mind is buzzing to get things done.

I have read it gets worse as you age. Happy days.

2 Likes

Isn’t crumbling bones osteoporosis?
I think osteoarthritis is restricted to joints

1 Like

Oh great news :roll_eyes: :joy:

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this and hope that the exercises will help and of course the dishy trainer.

2 Likes