Ornamental Clutter In Cars! What's In Yours?

A cushion in the middle of the back seat so that the dog can see between the front seats when she is harnessed in. fluorescent jackets, one for each passenger, first aid kit, warning triangles (all obligatory), tools, torch, spare dog harness for when we have my friend and her little dog with us. Dogs are not allowed to be loose in cars here. The usual shopping bags, which get more and more each week, but nothing hanging, dangling or nodding. It´s even quite a clean car these days, ever since I discovered a couple of young Bulgarians who set up a car cleaning business on Mercadona carpark, they do a fantastic job inside and out, showroom clean for 24 euros.

Those were the days Twink!:-(:smiley:

My car is full of dust basically. :smiley:

Oh, and the odd cobweb, a box of tissues and the £1 token for Sainsburys trolley.
Oops, nearly forgot 2 old A-Zs going back to the 1970s when I was looking at houses that cost £10,000. :smiley:

There was also a pencil until this morning. The garage pinched that when it went for it’s service :twisted:

It’d take a lot more than that for me to form an opinion, good or bad.:wink:

No Jazzi, I don’t have a Car now, that was 4 years ago, my Husband has a Nissan and nothing in that.

I feel guilty now…the pencil rolled out from under the seat today:blush:… :smiley:

I worked there for 6 weeks, it was the longest year of my life. :):slight_smile:

I have a small sunflower nestling between the dashboard and the corner of the window on the driver’s side, a “tax disc” with cogs and “Steam powered” on it on the other side (I didn’t want to be bothered removing the holder so I made it) and a faded daisy on the aerial so I can see it in the car park.
I must repaint it with fluorescent yellow paint soo, the daisy not the car…although…

Love your humour Nom! :wink:

If any of you have to take your car for an MOT then you had best remember to remove anything hanging from the rear view mirror, because you can actually fail the MOT because it is counted as a restricted view forward.
If you are lucky you may have a mechanic who will remove the item, but not all of them will.

By far, the worst “ornamental clutter” in cars would be pets !

I don’t care if they are restrained or not - they are a distraction - and as such, they cause accidents.
They move around, they wee, they scratch, they slobber, they bark, they whine, whatever … and the driver looks around to see what’s wrong - CRASH !
And a person (perhaps a child) dies.

Even other innocent drivers may be distracted if the stupid dog has its head out the window (illegal for humans).

Drivers should have to get a permit to have a dog in a vehicle - per trip.
Going to the vet, moving house etc, OK.
Other than that, a big fine.

Obviously you do not have a dog.
I have had a few in my time, and when in the car they were well behaved.
I have never had any of those problems that you mention.

You might not have. Others do.
You have never, ever, looked around to see what the mut is doing ? Sorry, I don’t believe it.
And how do you know that your pet has never distracted other drivers ?

Well of course they have distracted other drivers and their passengers.
Being such beautiful creatures, it was no wonder that they were admired by people on the road.
I must admit that the Jack Russels hated motor cyclist and would bark and tell them to clear off. No distraction for me.

Why should a dog that is correctly and safely harnessed in a vehicle be any more of a distraction than a child or a baby in a car seat?

:023:

Good question.
Children and babies we have to put up with - even if they distract drivers and sometimes cause accidents killing other people’s children or babies.
Dogs, except for the instances I cited, society does not have to put up with.

Besides, few people these days would leave a child unrestrained but I see a lot of dog heads poking out of car windows.

Also, restrained or not, a large dog can lean forward and bark in your ear or emit foul fumes to rival rotten egg gas.:twisted:

Pummy my dear - you get worse,
I didn’t think it was possible, but you have proved me wrong.

http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/quarrel/m1331.gif

Few people here would not leave their dogs unrestrained either, unless of course they are happy to pay a fine of 200 euros or more. As for foul fumes, you´ve obviously never had a baby still in nappies in your car, and, of course babies don´t bark in your ear but babies and kids can make an awful lot of noise, crying, screaming, etc etc. Not a lot of difference really is there?

I am tempted to go as far as guessing Pummy has been known to make his own foul fumes on occasions too! :lol:

It wouldn´t be much of a guess Mups, it´s one of those things that men like to boast about isn´t it? Then of course there are those men who always blame the dog :lol: