Ornamental Clutter In Cars! What's In Yours?

Why should a dog that is correctly and safely harnessed in a vehicle be any more of a distraction than a child or a baby in a car seat?

:023:

Good question.
Children and babies we have to put up with - even if they distract drivers and sometimes cause accidents killing other people’s children or babies.
Dogs, except for the instances I cited, society does not have to put up with.

Besides, few people these days would leave a child unrestrained but I see a lot of dog heads poking out of car windows.

Also, restrained or not, a large dog can lean forward and bark in your ear or emit foul fumes to rival rotten egg gas.:twisted:

Pummy my dear - you get worse,
I didn’t think it was possible, but you have proved me wrong.

http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/quarrel/m1331.gif

Few people here would not leave their dogs unrestrained either, unless of course they are happy to pay a fine of 200 euros or more. As for foul fumes, you´ve obviously never had a baby still in nappies in your car, and, of course babies don´t bark in your ear but babies and kids can make an awful lot of noise, crying, screaming, etc etc. Not a lot of difference really is there?

I am tempted to go as far as guessing Pummy has been known to make his own foul fumes on occasions too! :lol:

It wouldn´t be much of a guess Mups, it´s one of those things that men like to boast about isn´t it? Then of course there are those men who always blame the dog :lol:

I was actually referring to a dog’s BREATH !

Yes, I know, all dog-owners here have dogs which smell like roses.
Yeah RIGHT !

This is true Pummy. You must know my dogs. :smiley:

I wear cars out that fast, there is not time to personalize them.:slight_smile:

My dog doesn´t have bad breath either Mups, unlike some men who have stale beer and second hand curry breath. Now that really does stink a car out.

Ladies Dogs and cats only have bad breath when they have gum infections that need treating or they have eaten something smelly, that humans put into their pet foods. Sadly those who have little contact with these animals, usually base their ideas on ignorant beliefs and many are such “know alls” that they refuse to be educated. :lol:

Let’s talk about the positive benefits of dogs…

They are so loyal and will stay with you through thick and thin.
They love you unconditionally.
They give you a far bigger welcome than most humans give you!
They will do anything to please you!
They are good for your health!
Plus much more!
I think all that lot outweighs the smell!

Whoops. I’ve gone off thread so l’ll add, they do make good mascots in cars! :slight_smile:

You forgot the stale fag breath too,clumsy. :lol:

Surely the most distracting thing you could have in your car is a whingeing Aussie… whether it was caged or not.

Longdogs, That’s why a roof rack or even a roof box are very useful!! :slight_smile:

Art, can we use them in rain, hail or snow, for this purpose?:mrgreen:

You could even strap them to your bull bars with a couple of bungees
Like the Aussies do to kangaroos they have mowed down :wink:

A good idea Art. I suppose that’s why in Crimland, you see them all sitting on the back of the truck.

Did you know that Bruces and Sheelas never tip. Well one did once and I nearly fainted. :shock: