Oprah Winfrey snubs Harry and Meghan as expert claims 'the tide has turned'

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s failure to publicly celebrate Oprah Winfrey 's recent birthday shows “the tide is turning” with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a royal expert claims.

As Oprah turned 69 over the weekend, the broadcaster partied with the likes of Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez and Sharon Stone as they celebrated Anastasia Beverly Hills’ 25th anniversary.

While not an official birthday party, the makeup brand’s bash doubled up as a celebration for Oprah, with Kim just one of the many guests to post a birthday tribute to her pal online as they partied together.

But Harry and Meghan were nowhere to be seen at the star-studded party - something that has surprised many people due to the fact Oprah was the journalist they chose to sit down with for their explosive TV interview in 2021.

It’s not known if the couple had prior engagements and were simply unable to make Anastasia Beverly Hills’ party, or if they are purposely shunning the showbiz scene ahead of King Charles’ coronation.

While no-one knows for certain why the Duke and Duchess didn’t party with their pal over the weekend, one expert has suggested their conspicuous absence could signify something bigger.

Kara Kennedy claims Harry and Meghan’s “loud mouths” are being used against them following the couple’s decision to tell their story via Netflix documentaries and tell-all memoirs.

“On a more serious note, snubs like this show that the tide is turning with the Sussexes — and that the gamble that saw them trade in the lifelong duty of being working royalty for the money and fame of being celebrities hasn’t paid off,” Kennedy writes in The Spectator.

Of course, all is speculation … we shall to wait and see what H&M do, or don’t do, next … :069:

1 Like

Hopefully, that turning tide will swamp both of them🤬

2 Likes

Oprah has possibly seen H and M for who they really are.
A “spare” pair of fabulists.

1 Like

O dear they really didnt think it through when they spouted off.
Its not going to end well…

I’m sure they’ll find something to whinge about.

2 Likes

You need a subscription to “New Idea” they just make up stories too, every celebrity is either having an affair, divorcing, having a baby or madly in love. Right up your alley.

Your reading material is far too speculative for me … :man_shrugging:

You’re doing yourself a grave injustice, it is an excellent source of the type of gossip you regale us with on this forum. Try it an see. You’ll be glad you did.

:+1: :man_shrugging::+1:

I have no doubt that I’ll be glad that I didn’t … :man_shrugging:

You’re probably right, you do seem to have plenty of gossip sources as it is but one more wouldn’t hurt would it? A case of too much is never enough.

:+1: :man_shrugging::+1:

“You might very well think that; I couldn’t possibly comment”.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been seen together for the first time since his bombshell memoir Spare was published last month – celebrating the surprise vow renewal of their close friends and neighbors Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi.

Ellen’s wife Portia threw a star-studded birthday party at their $70million Montecito mansion to celebrate turning 50 last week. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were seen whooping and cheering after Kris Jenner officiated the renewals, which surprised the former talk show host. Harry and Meghan were at opposite ends of the group, which included Brandi Carlile, and other friends and family of the celebrity couple.

It is the first time that the couple has been seen together since appearing at the RFK Ripple of Hope Award in New York in December.

Meghan, 41, has been keeping an unsually low profile compared to her husband, who went on a whirlwind publication tour for his memoir Spare.

Ellen, 65, appeared stunned as Portia entered the room wearing a wedding dress – and called her wife the ‘greatest gift’ for the surprise.

The couple has been married since 2008 and recently moved into the new Montecito mansion, which is just a stone’s throw from the $14million home of Harry and Meghan.

The Suits actress’ close relationship with Ellen is not a secret – with the former royal appearing on the show in 2021. She opened up about her life in California with Harry and their two children Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, as well as taking part in a cringe-worthy prank.

Still best friends with Ellen, then … :wink:

Of Course!

Silly me, who needs New Idea when you have the Mail OnLine at your finger tips? I wonder where they plagiarised that story from?

If you prefer your “gossip” with an Australian accent:

Come on, do you seriously think I watch Murdoch’s nonsense?

That’s a tiny step lower than Mail Online, something most people think hardly possible but of course Murdoch achieves it. I can see why you go for it though.

Unlike you, I don’t “presume” … :wink:

I don’t know about that, you certainly have a most amazing talent for derailing your own threads, the “Dame” one was a classic but your skill at this seems to stretch to everything you touch, it is an amazing technique that one cannot help but admire.

Well, you would, wouldn’t you … :rofl:

I am sure that I am not alone, it is a talent to be treasured and enjoyed by the masses. In years to come the name of “Omah” will still be whispered about in the corridors of forum legend.

There are not many who can claim to have derailed as many of their own threads as you. You are a giant among derailers.

You are too kind … :blush: