Online Deliveries, Supermarkets

That’s another matter OGF and sadly I am unable to comment further. :cry:

What is lazy Spitty? :confused:

I agree, I have tried the woollies delivery service once during the lockdown and they turned up as specified with everything I ordered.

Before the pandemic I used to go shopping everyday as I live within a few minutes walk of both a Coles and a Woolworths (I leave Aldi to the people who like having their food thrown at them).

The problem for me is the $50 minimum order for a delivery. I never used to get that much and it requires far more forward planning than I am capable of.

These days my supermarket visits are governed by when I run out of milk which tends to be about every 4 days because I buy the 3 litre bottle of milk.

In my LGA or the Health District we haven’t had a case of Covid for weeks. I suppose it is easy to get complacent.

Hi

I like the social contact and a bit of banter.

It is good to get out

Neither did I !

I have been using on line shopping since the start of lockdown and loving it…no more standing behind coffin dodgers in the veg aisle counting the number of cloves on a garlic head or trying to get around them when they travel two abreast at the speed of a striking snail, or listen to the mathematical conversation on whether it’s cheaper to but two small loaves or one large loaf.

Online shopping for me

I use Sainsbury’s online shopping and am very satisfied with them. I think I must be first on their deliveries list as I never have to wait more than 5-10 mins in my allotted slot.:slight_smile:

Everything has been fresh, well dated ahead ahead, the veg and fruit have all been to my liking. I give full marks to the pickers and packers. :slight_smile:

The delivery drivers are friendly and very polite, always ask if we are coping alright.

Online Shopping

Yesterday, I received my third online grocery delivery from Tesco. It’s an experiment. I usually go shopping on Saturday morning, but have lately become decreasingly enthusiastic about doing it. So far, the trial has been relatively successful. There have been one or two minor problems, but nothing serious enough to tempt me back to doing my shopping in person.

Most of the niggles I have are to do with the ordering process. I find it puzzling how some staple items, that are always available in the store, become mysteriously unavailable online, despite my requirement for them being two weeks in the future. It was milk on this latest occasion. I only use one pint per week, so that is all I buy. When I submitted this week’s order, which was over a week ago, one-pint containers of milk were “unavailable at this time”. I tried, several times between then and yesterday, to amend my order to include the milk, but it remained inexplicably unavailable at those times, also.

Had the subject of this anomaly been slightly less trivial than milk, I would probably be hatching a conspiracy theory about it by now.

Maybe because the goods ordered online are supplied from a different warehouse for those that supply shops

No, I asked the driver. The order comes from an actual store, about 5 miles from where I live. It is a large store, and I find it very unlikely that they would not have any one pint containers of milk available. Especially when they have had over a week’s notice of its requirement.

Blimey Harbal! A pint of milk last you a week…:shock:
Mrs Fox doesn’t drink much milk but I get through eight pints per week on average…:cool: Porridge every day, several cups of Yorkshire tea (are there any other brands?) and the occasional bowl of Weetabix…

I love Tesco shopping, and wouldn’t substitute it for online shopping as long as I can stand and breathe…:smiley:

Not only does it last me a week, Mr. Fox, I usually end up throwing a bit of it away.

I can’t believe you really like shopping. That is perverse. :shock:

:001:

I suppose one can get away with a pint a week if single and out at work all day and don’t have milk in tea/coffee. Maybe you go out to a cafe most days instead so don’t need to buy much milk

Going to the shops Perverse? I don’t understand why. How can you see what is on special offer or on promotion without going into the shop.

Also with supermarkets you can see different brands of the same product that may not be online. A lot of supermarkets also have a cafe so one can meet up with friends for a chat ( pre corvid times)

I can’t give a reason why but the next size up is only 80 Pence, so I would probably just drink a glass or two of milk (to avoid the waste) with a ‘such is life’ sort of attitude. :slight_smile:

Well let me remove any doubt in your mind, and assure you that one can easily get away with a pint a week.

I didn’t say going was perverse, but I do find liking it a bit strange. You can see everything available online, too. And there are some things that I can get online which are not available at my local branch.

As for meeting up with friends, not going to the supermarket saves me the bother of hiding down one of the aisles when I spot someone I know.

Yes, I could do that, but it would still leave me wondering why I couldn’t get the size I wanted.

I am 82 years old and during the first lockdown in the spring I tried to order online from Tesco but found it impossible to get a delivery slot. I gave up in the end.

Yes, you and many others. Slots are available now, but you have to get in quick to grab one

Ha ha…When you get to know me Harbal, you will realise just how ‘Perverse’ I really am…:smiley:

Excellent, Foxy, and I’ve just noticed you’re from South Yorkshire, so I would expect no less of you. :cool: