Online Deliveries, Supermarkets

Milk is milk.

Are you a philosopher? :wink:

An engineer.

We were in M&S’s food hall this morning and were told that there are NO more Ocardo delivery spaces available for the run up to Christmas.

Good God Percy! :shock:
I’d better check on that in my area, because I use Ocado M & S.

Glad to be of service Mups.

Me too Mups. I don’t put substitutes for anything apart from such as semi-skimmed milk 4 pints, or things like bananas or onions. but the rest is always without the tick for substitutes.
I certainly make good use of the ‘note for picker’ space under each item though!:lol: The picker must hate doing my shop because with things like bread I always put ‘Minimum 3 day shelf life please or will not accept’ as they were sending bread with 1 or 2 day shelf life or my 6 ripe bananas which has ‘Do not deliver Green Bananas please’ after they kept delivering deep green bananas.
If I was the picker I would be calling me a right old cow! :lol: but it does the trick and never had cause for complaint since.

[quote=“summer, post: 1986483”]
I’ve never managed to get a delivery slot . I’ve tried a few times with different supermarkets but I must do something wrong because there are never slots available so I just give up.

I love a bargain too Swimmy…as you say its a Yorkshire thing :)[/QUote.

I too found it very difficult to get a delivery slot with Tesco during the first lockdown Summer. I found it very frustrating as I have been a home delivery customer for years, but with everyone then stuck at home I didn’t stand a chance of getting a slot, though shielding since March, I could notget one for weeks ahead. (they do a four week slot). But I understood how things were and just got on with it.

Then, fortunately, once we were out of lockdown and things got back to near normal, I logged in one day and was able to get a delivery slot for that week. (I am on delivery saver for mid week Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday delivery) Then I happened to look at the following weeks dates and found plenty of free slots, so I did my shop for that week as well and as long as I put it through the check out, (they don’t take the money until delivery day), then I did the same with the 3rd week and then the 4th week. I didn’t feel bad about it because I had gone without a slot for months!

Now, I know exactly when the 4th week delivery slots come into being and only have to book the week’s shop for that week. online.
Perhaps it is easier hereabouts to get a slot. Tesco come from just over the border in North Wales (3 miles) and we live over the other side of the border in England.

Now we have another lockdown, I am so relieved I did shop ahead in advance, otherwise I would never get a slot as I looked yesterday and for the first two weeks not one single slot available again.
I only get the basics from Tesco so it never comes to more than £50, but it is a godsend. We get meat, most fruit and veg and delicatesan delivered free locally.

That’s the problem with online food shopping, you don’t get to pick the good stuff and they send you any old rubbish

Look at the state of my Gala Pie, not a bit of egg yolk to be seen :pouting_cat::rage:

2 Likes

Eeew, you are brave for posting this - I hope you haven’t eaten it! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Just seen this thread.
We’ve never used online food deliveries before because you hear so many examples of ‘replacements’ which bear no relationship to the item you have ordered.
Recently, though, Marge heard about some recommendations for Ocado, so she decided to try them. We have used them three times now and have found them very good. They arrive exactly when they say they’ll arrive and, although there have been the occasional replacements, they are happy to take them back if they’re not what you want. Usually, Marge has accepted the replacement, though.
I particularly like them… well… because I hate trailing around the supermarket waiting for Marge to make her mind up!

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve used Ocado a couple of times and they were very good, perhaps I’ll go back to them :+1:

I knew there was a very good reason why I’m forbidden to eat pork :wink:

1 Like

I too have a very good reason not to eat pork, but it isn’t religious.
I just don’t like it.

1 Like

Good grief - that looks revolting!

We’ve been customers of Sainsbury’s Home Delivery Service ever since the first Lockdown.

Always on time :hourglass_flowing_sand:
Never let us down :heavy_check_mark:
Delivery men unfailingly cheerful and helpful :+1:
Bloody marvellous service :clap:
No complaints :ok_hand:
10/10 :heavy_check_mark:

I loathe supermarkets - but - since the plague arrived and we keep being locked down - I have used Sainsbury’s home deliveries and been favourably impressed. They arrive on time, the drivers are friendly and helpful, the store email first thing in the morning on delivery day to advise if anything is not available or if substitues have been used. Never had any problems.

Like Ruthio - I give them 10/10

Maybe I should add - I do not buy fresh meat/fish from them so cannot comment on the quality of those products - but everything else has been perfect.

1 Like

I’ve never had a home delivery…probably because you have to stay in to recieve it and I’m not good at that…although I should be after all this time its just the thought of having to be there. I prefer to do my own shopping.

So do I really - but my nearest shops are a mile away - so it would mean a 2 x mile walk two or three times a week. Or - a bus trip into town and back.

While the plague is still upon us I will let Mr Sainsbury look after me!

Sainsbury delivered - bang on time - this morning. Everything I asked for was there - apart from Twiglets but they sent a substitute - same size tub, containing little cheesey biscuits shaped like Christmas Trees! Am happy with those.

The cats are happy - Nemo came to check the cat food was all there!