Old Friends

Sadly Deylon, who started this thread, passed away a few years ago.

A lovely lady. :slightly_frowning_face:

Yes Mags and a few other members , much missed but now in the forums in the Sky.

I know those feelings well- since my best mate who was from Singapore incidentally passed a few weeks ago I have suddenly been contacted by a dear Jamaican friend who I thought may have passed on - she is still full of life and travelling but I think still based in UK - she told me of a dear girlfriend of mine in the 60’s who passed away last year in USA - I was hoping for one last chat but we should have kept up the chatting along the way. I think in this crazy world of high speed techs and internet we sometimes go crazy and forget what really counts.

Our lives seem so exciting as we rush forward doing things and moving around the globe and we are sometimes leaving trashed relationships along the way. My dear younger brother who was living in Spain passed away some 8 years ago - he came out to oz once and we had a great time thinking it would go on forever. He invited me out to Spain for Xmas some 8-10 years back and I couldn’t make it - that was it he died soon after that Xmas - god it still hurts.

But I have caught up with a dear Jamaican friend recently who lives in UK and she has given me more goss - so more later. But the bottom line for me is - always try to stay in touch as much as you can - we gotta make the effort. Me and Spittie have been buzzing around for some time now and he is still riding bikes fgs!!

and one final word of advice for the moment - address books - need to be maintained and kept up to date. I did eventually catch up with an old friends family in USA only to find he had died in a horrific vehicle crash over there on a motorway. Fate deals us some funny hands heh??

2 Likes

gummy tries his best to get to me, and I love his attempts (assuming he is a he :smiley:} I wouldn’t be without him on this journey, TBH :icon_wink:

what a great friend as well summer - wow he must really fancy you??

Going back to the future - I was connected with a large family on Ma’s side - she was from a family of 11 kids - so had plenty of cousins - all still in UK. Have been back once and caught up with a few - some just didn’t want too - sad heh but I respecfully obeyed! - Slept in one cousins house in Knotty Ash - some of you may recall from the Ken Dodd days - what a performer he was!

stayed with another she threw a barbecue for us in a british summer that was kind to us. We met half of them that time! 2000 circa - the kingdom seemed OK then? It was nice catching up with cousins who had married and now had families of their own - names too many to recall. Visited my old Liverpool homes which looked exactly the same as they did in the 50’s - apart from they all had these strange circular metal dishes stuck to their outside walls - and the outsides had been painted well too. But I am jumping ahead of myself in the flurry and scurry of finding and losing old friends.

My roots were scouser roots - any remaining friends no - they hadn’t had time to mature or they had all moved out of inner city liviing to loney high rise outposts - I’m glad I never did! We moved to Cheshire in the summer of my teens - and wot a blast that was next time!

wot if I’m BI???

Is this a bromance starting ?🫣

wot you BI too??

Noooo!
You and spitfire. :joy:

well I wear bi-focals and spittie has a white cane!!

Uh huh? :thinking:

The romance ship of any designation sailed a while ago, things seem so much clearer now, that might just be a coincidence. :laughing: :icon_wink: :walking_man:

Ah those old friends!! - one of them from grammar school days eventually followed me to Oz and we catch up occasionally say Xmas etc. I’ve also caught up with some old work mates from UK - one who just died too early - RIP. I am now starting a chat on facebook with anotther old friend who is reminding me of the few left in UK that once numbered in dozens - it can get sad. One got buried 15 years ago and another 2 weeks ago - sad feelings all around. Couple more dead from my HK days - what can you say it can get depressing - maybe see ya on the otherside and save me a spiritual chair??

Ah yes one in Canada who keeps in sporadic touch on skype and another in Bristol just had a stroke and tryng to recover.

you have a lot of friends to keep in touch with …I dont have that to think about .

I am blessed with so many old friends. Some I have known since I was 5, and am still in contact with. Others I met and bonded with in my different careers, and luckily stay in touch with. Classmates from elementary through high school, too.

Just last week, some gentleman held open a door for me, and I looked him in the eyes, looked familiar but turned away. Then turned back, and said, “I know you, but I don’t know you.” I asked his name, and connected that to him graduating a year ahead of me. He actually called me by my first name, said he knew my brother, and introduced me to his partner. What a small world, run by coincidences like this one!

1 Like

Hong Kong or [Heung Keung ] friends coming up!

Oops just before HK - here’s a lost friend I never had the chance to meet again

a girl and some dreams??

Nah…just a nice chap with a big heart :slight_smile:

hi right now what methods do you use to keep in touch with all your many friends ; you must have a bulging address book ; do you keep a diary??