OK I can't see anything going wrong here

Almost the first coding I learned was one probably not generally known as it was in the printing trade, that was CORA 5. There was one before that but I don’t recall the name now. Then came Apple Macs, many of them over the years, now I have one 27" iMac, two MacBook Pro laptops and an iPhone. In between all that was learning how to build websites / web pages using HTML, before the days of Dreamweaver and similar. I couldn’t believe it when I attended the first day of that course and walked into a room containing Windows machines, not a Mac in sight! That was a steep learning curve but I completed the course. I’ve used Macs now since the early 1980s and have no intention of having anything to do with Microsoft or Windows, that is just not for me!
:grinning:

3 Likes

I can respect that. I am a PC man my self, simply because I can custom order everything from the case on up and put it together myself. It makes repair a walk in the park. As far as windows goes I’m more of a Linux fan. Windows I used until they quit supporting Windows 98. Ever since then it is a resource hog and usually comes filled with junk you will never use. Besides, I blame Apple for Windows. I had an Apple Lisa and the desktop was no different than Windows 3.1.1 reason being Gates stole it.

Did you play Snake on it LD :026:

3 Likes

Nope. Calls + texts only.

Oh the memories :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I know right!!!

3 Likes

Oh - okay :+1:t3:

2 Likes

God, that and breakout. Jesus wasted some time on those. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We live and learn, especially on OFC! I had never heard of the Apple Lisa before, probably as about that time the Apple II came out. I bought one of those as I had just started as a sole trader doing graphic design and handling printing. I certainly knew nothing of how the Apple Lisa came into being as you describe.

Not having heard of that Apple computer I had to check it out, there is some information on the link below, if you are interested that is:

3 Likes

Interesting…:+1:

@Baz46 Reason I don’t own an Apple today is

1 Like

This is the reason I moved away from Apple to go to Windows. Not that I like Windows either, to be honest, but I didn’t like the way Apple don’t seem to play nice with the apps I use. Even now I have a Chromebook, I still can’t use my iphone to do anything but upload photos and charge on it. When I had a Mac, I had to use 3rd party apps to get anything to work, which was counter-intuitive (and dangerous, perhaps?) for the price of it. Plus Apple now have this thing where its more about being trendy, than efficient, in my opinion. Its all I see in coffee shops and movies now…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Plus you can’t have your iPhone repaired locally. Apple uses IMHO dirty tricks to make it where you have to use them. Things like gluing the battery in.

2 Likes

Hmmm…I haven’t had cause to see if this is the case over here yet, Danny…but I have heard that upgrades to an iPhone deplete the battery quite noticeably if there is a new one due out soon! That’s a bit of a coincidence, eh? :joy:

2 Likes

ok read through and decided quite a lot actually… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

Hopefully “Don’t buy Apple” Dianne! :joy:

1 Like

cox’s brambles granny smiths…?

2 Likes

Ahh the good old days when “cyber bullying” meant you pick that sucker up and hit someone with it.
_600
:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey how you get a picture of my new PC then?

2 Likes

Is it ok to ask a question here…
ok will anyway.
What is an Iron Please???

1 Like