OK I can't see anything going wrong here

The Crash Detection feature will “use data from sensors built into Apple devices including the accelerometer to detect car accidents as they occur, for instance by measuring a sudden spike in gravity, or “g,” forces on impact”, the report reads.

Sorry operator I dropped my phone
I got mad and threw my phone.
I was on a ride and the bloody thing flew out of my pocket.

I’m sorry I am with new technology, but I don’t need it to wipe my azz. I believe that I can dial 911(999). It’s 3 numbers and if I can’t use my hand I can still use my voice.
Point is I don’t want tech to do everything. I need my car to detect a crash not my bloody phone.
Damn what they won’t do to sell a product today.
First they invented Television and it was good, but damn it we don’t want to get up to change channel. Remote was born. I don’t want to watch what’s on. VCR is born. I don’t want to watch right now. DVR is born. I don’t want to touch anything manually. along comes Alexa.
Damn we’re lazy.
Instead of making the phone detect the crash and auto call 911(999), how about it just survives the crash, so I can call.

2 Likes

I do not own a smart phone and I’ll never buy one either, so none of the above will ever apply to me :+1:

5 Likes

BMW cars I believe have a similar option built-in on the car, whether or not it’s part of the mobile phone system I am not sure, it probably is. A TV programme where I saw this featured a driver who had for whatever reason had a crash when his car left the road. The system in the car called the emergency services, from this they had the location of the accident so the driver was rescued without him having to use the mobile at all. It’s one of those times when like anyone, a driver can have a heart attack or pass out resulting in the vehicle leaving the road, or even be knocked out in an accident. The car however, will call for assistance from emergency services and they will be there as if a human had called them.

I reckon that’s a brilliant piece of technology, it saves lives and anyone who drives can be involved in that scenario on today’s roads. I use an iPhone and would allow anything like that to be on my mobile, one never knows what is around the corner.
:grinning:

1 Like

And the accident you have where there is no cell service? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Improvements that would make me change my mind, easy.

1. Alexa get me a cup of coffee
  2. Alexa do the laundry @Minx and iron
  3. Alexa what are you making for dinner.
  4. Alexa go change the oil in my car.
    Yep I’m on board!
    Instead of inventing a self driving car how about you invent a self washing car! I be first in line!! :grinning:
2 Likes

I second all of the above Danny but definitely ironing !!

2 Likes

You undertake ironing??

3 Likes

Oh I love ironing too…very therapeutic :+1:

4 Likes

I wonder if I ship mine to you you could double your therapy! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes, there’s always that but better to stand some chance with having that type of technology than no chance at all. That’s how I would see it anyway, with the personal experience of having had a heart attack, while driving.
:thinking: :grinning:

2 Likes

Sure thing! There’s nothing nicer than a freshly ironed crisp shirt!

1 Like

I don’t have an Alexa but can do all your preferred changes and also
I do have six buckets of water for when washing my car!

That is something I find both therapeutic and relaxing!
:grinning:

1 Like

I’m not saying that some technological leaps are badly needed. We. however, have come and are coming to depend on tech. too much.

Technology, of course, has many innumerable benefits. But this dependency on phones and computers has impacted humans negatively, too. First and foremost, it has led users to be completely engrossed in their devices. In fact, there is even a term to describe this: “nomophobia” (no-mobile-phone-phobia) which is when a person has an actual fear of losing or being away from their phone.

We never had land line phobias.

What does this addiction to technology do to us? Well, even if we are not addicted, technology can have an impact on our mental, physical, and emotional health and wellbeing. From causing stiff necks to heightened anxiety, technology has seeped through all aspects of our lives. And, if not used moderately, technology can really harm us, despite all its benefits — ultimately, by making us too dependent on it.

I’m just saying back in the stone age we got a long pretty good. Maybe we don’t need a machine to do something as simple as turn on a light. Great if you were born without arms(god forbid) otherwise lazy. You were probably walking past the light switch when you told Alexa to turn it on.

What kills me is we made phones you can carry anywhere, and you still can’t talk to a human.

1 Like

Nexbase dashcams have quote" G Sensor / File Protection
In the event of an impact the device will automatically ‘protect’ the recording, stopping the file from
being over-written. This can also be performed manually, by pressing the ‘protect’ button.
Individual files can also be ‘protected’ when viewed within playback mode.

1 Like

@PixieKnuckles I’m happy to help with your therapy as well.

Triple Therapy comin right up :026:

3 Likes

Irons at the ready! :joy:

2 Likes

Mine is the same way. You can also say record or take a picture and it preforms those actions. :grinning:
Useful technology for court, hope I never need it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

Double fisting those irons. Therapy x2 :grinning: :grinning:

You do realise that shipping your ironing to Scotland AND South Africa, may well leave you with nothing to wear…given shipping times and stuff…!! :joy:

3 Likes