Oi! Who’s Nicked My Refuse Bin?

Tell me… who on earth would want to steal a Refuse Bin?

My local council’s new way of Bin collections has been a shambles!
We have been issued with various bins to be left out on a three weekly rota.

On Monday last, it was Refuse Bin collection day. So l put my half filled bin out. Alas, it was not emptied, so l left it out as did the others that live in my road.
By Wednesday and it still hadn’t been emptied, l took it in.
Then a neighbour texted me to say, she had rung the council and they would be collected within 48hrs, so l put it out again.

This morning, l went down to my gate to check if it had been emptied but… there was no sign of my bin, it had vanished!
I looked about and even went into the next road but no sign of it.

I rang the council to tell them and l was on hold for ages (30minutes). I eventually got through and l was told l needed to ring 101 to get a crime number and then they would replace the bin for free.
I rang 101 and got the crime number. I then rang the council (20minute wait)
I gave the woman the crime number and she said it would take up to 4 weeks for it to be delivered! In the meantime, l have to put my rubbish in a plastic bag and leave it outside.

There are two questions here… why would someone steal a Refuse Bin full of household rubbish?
Secondly, why do authorities and other organisations make everything so damned difficult these days?

We’ve had bins go missing at times for unknown reasons, only to be returned a few days later.

Ordering online from our council website is easy and free, apart from the non recycling bin which costs about £20 for some reason.

Weirdly, last year at one stage we had 3 paper recycling bins after a re-order that went wrong. 2 of these have now found a home at a friend’s allotment since it would have been way beyond the council’s wit to collect the 2 brand new superfluous ones they’d sent us by mistake.

Because they cost money to buy one Art.

1 Like

Wowzers! When did you get back in town? It’s really great to see you! You’re my hero! :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously, l really wanted to talk to someone and get an instant reply, not wait for days for them to see my email and then reply.

My point is, if the bin had been emptied when they specifically said it would… it would not have been left out for so long.
It was only because someone texted me, l put it out.

What l think may have happened is… the bin has been left out near the road for a few days and maybe, just maybe someone thought it had been abandoned, or put out for someone to take… like the garden items that were left out locally for people to take? See one of my previous threads!!

As for your own plight Art, I’d imagine that your piccie on here reminded someone of one of the dodgy geezers who did the Hatton Gardens heist, so they thought you’d hidden a load of swag in your bin just like your fellow gang members did.

1 Like

So tell me, Dextrous… how long have you been hallucinating on the magic mushrooms for now? :laughing:

1 Like

Well you’ve always said I’m a fungi to be with.

1 Like

I take it… English is not your first language? Ha!

1 Like

No comment. Bestest behaviour from now on.

1 Like

Mmm, sometimes they get stuck in the machine on the dustcart and broken or the refuse collectors don’t put it back outside the right house

Or kids mess around with them, tjhen just dump them somewhere

Have you had a little wander up the road to see if you can spot it?

I kinda think your second question answers your first.

If someone bin gets bust or nicked, then it’s easier to nick one yourself and buy some stickers to put on it to claim ownership.

You should try it sometime.

Maree, Yes, l have been up the road and around the corner, l have even looked in the ditches surrounding my house but no sign of it.

I think it’s because you can’t see my house, just the gates and that people might think it’s been dumped?
I wouldn’t mind as l could’ve waited for the next collection in two weeks but the lady texted me to say it would be collected in 48hrs.
Her bin is still at the bottom of her drive.

Being serious now, l could not steal, or lie ever, not even someone’s rubbish bin.

For me… Honesty is the best policy

Laudable indeed. Enjoy those bags of rubbish being mauled around your garden by those foxes in the interim before a new wheelie arrives.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’ve gotta ask, I know it’s inappropriate but I’m nosy. :rofl::lying_face: We’re you the bloke who came on here pretending to be a woman a while back? Or was that someone else?

1 Like

Best to keep thing on topic, eh?

2 Likes

Dunno, maybe, maybe not :rofl:

2 Likes

Like silvikrin, which I suspect was something else in Art’s bin that got nicked, along with that diy botox kit.

1 Like

Art, is your house number on your bin?

If not, and someone has taken it by mistake, how do they know who to return it to?

This kept on happening to the family over the road from me, I think it was 3 times they lost their bin.
Then just recently when they were going away for a long weekend, he asked me if I would take their bin back to his garden for him after the dustmen had been.
I did this, but also stuck some big funny number stickers on it so it didnt go missing again. Luckily they had a good laugh and liked them.

If there is no number, how does anyone know its yours?

1 Like

How else do you think she knows where she lives after a night out on the town?

2 Likes